Nightmares- Chapter Six

Chapter Six †

********************************************

I was awake -barley- but I had yet to open my eyes. What had happened to my bed, I groaned to myself. It was hard as a rock and not comfortable at all. Didn't Olivia close the blinds before she went to bed last night? The rays shining in through the window were keeping my from my much needed sleep.

"Angel?!"

My eyes flew open and I rolled off the bench onto the ground, right onto my face. Ouch. I rolled over and looked up at the purple and orange sky,rubbing the sore spot on my left cheek. Story. Of. My. Life.

"Angel?!" The call came again from somewhere to my right, I looked at the fountain. I wasn't ready to be found. I wanted to sleep. Something I obviously haven't been doing very well lately. So I said nothing. They would find me eventually. I lied there for another five minutes, watching the water fall calmly from the fountain.

"Angel! Oh thank God you're okay!"

I sat up and looked behind me to find Olivia standing there, her eyes red from crying. She looked pale and her hair was in a bun on top of her head, not to mention the fact that she was still in her PJ's. The guilt set in. I should've called to her, told her I was leaving the night before, something so she wouldn't have been so worried about me.

"I'm sorry." I whisperd. I stood up and sat on the bench, patting it for her to sit down.

Olivia had taken her phone out of her hoddie pocket and was placing it back in as she sat. Telling Damon and Harley I was okay I guess. She sat down next to me and looked at me, a million questions in her eyes.

"I had another nightmare last night. I didn't want to sit still so I just ended up here. I guess that kind of makes me sound like a wuss...."

" Yeah Kind of."

"Hey!" I laughed softly. "You weren't supposed to agree with me! Really, what kind of friend are you?"

"The amazing kind that would never lie to you, duh."

I grinned at her. She really was amazing.

"I shouldn't be surprised that you think I sound like a wuss, you would probably love this."

"Uh, yeah! I haven't had a terrifying dream in two weeks!"

"How tragic." I said rolling my eyes.

"I know right?!" Olivia exclaimed dramatically.

Olivia glanced down at the ground, looked back up. her mouth already open to say something else. Then all of a sudden her eyes got wide and she looked down so fast it practically gave me whip lash. Confused, I looked down at the ground too and saw her slippers, still covered in brown mud and God knows what else.

I peered at her face. She didn't look angry, which was a relif. She looked amused. Very amused.

"Yeah, there was a mud puddle..."

"I can see that."

"Yeah...."

She looked up at me and started laughing. I tilted my head, confused.

"Your face is priceless. You look so scared." She snickered.

"I'm not scared!"

"Sure."

"Why would I be afraid of a little midget like you?" I shot back.

It was true. Olivia was only 5'2, if that. But I learned early, not to let her height fool you. She could totally beat my ass if I gave her the chance.