Nightmares- Chapter One

Chapter One †

*************************

"What are you doing?"

I turned around with a start, my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. When I saw who it was I relaxed my shoulders and sighed in relief. "Damon! Don't do that to me!"

Damon Howell looked down at me from his impossibly handsome face, his eyes smiling, though his face put out the look of pure boredom. It was something you got used to after a while. Damon, as sweet and thoughtful as he was, hardly ever smiled. It wasn't because he had bad teeth or anything small like that. He actually had really straight, white teeth. No, it's just the way Damon was.

He had very expressive eyes though. When you weren't sure, you could always look into his eyes to see if you amused him. They twinkled and gleamed even if it was dark. When he was angry they flashed like lightning during a thunderstorm.

Damon was extremely handsome. He was tall and well built with wide shoulders and narrow hips, muscular but not overly so. He had raven black hair that was a little past his ears and if he didn't keep his bangs kind of to the side, they would have covered his amazing piercing grey eyes that were surrounded by think black lashes, and don't even get me started in his lips. They were perfect.  Yeah, he was hot.

Damon and I had been friends since the beginning of Freshmen year and we were now in our Junior year. We talked all the time, and pretty much knew everything about each other.

"Sorry Angel, but I can't help it if you scare easily." Damon said, lifting an eyebrow.

"I do not! Okay once but yo have to admit the cemetery is pretty creepy at night. All the crows and fog?" I shuddered.

"Still doesn't get you off the hook."

I glared at him. I shut my locker door and started walking to my last class of the day. Chemistry, ew. Damon picked up his football bag and walked beside me down the hall full of chatty teenagers, talking about their big fall break plans.

"I can't believe fall break is here already. I'm so excited! Two whole weeks of me doing absolutely nothing. Yay." I muttered as a went around a couple kissing in the middle of the hall.

"If it helps, I'm not doing anything either."

"It doesn't."

"Course not."

I bumped him playfully with my shoulder. "Shut up." I laughed up at him.

His face broke into a brilliant smile, showing off his perfect teeth and the dimple in his left cheek.

He really should smile more often, i thought to myself absently. It changed the way he looked. Then again, i just saw two girls nearly trip over themselves when they saw that smile.

I covered my mouth to muffle my giggles. I couldn't look in the poor girls direction. I would start laughing and they couldn't help it. It was an amazing smile. Damon glanced in their direction, then back at me the smile gone but the magical twinkle in his eyes.

I grinned. "You better watch that. One day you're going to cause some poor girl to fall off a cliff."

"I knew it! I knew you were attracted to me" He flipped his hair. Wow.

I laughed. "Nice touch."

"I Know. My hair is amazing."

Even if it was ture, I threwup my hands. "Hopeless! My friend is hopeless!"

I ran away before he could make a grab or me, still laughing as I vanished into the classroom.

*************************************