Nightmares- Chapter Four

Chapter Four †

*****************************

I didn't get much sleep that night. I was afraid to. Part of it was the dreams, part of it was I didn't want to scare anyone again, and part of it was that I was afraid it would take longer to wake up this time. Call me paranoid or whatever, but I wasn't taking any chances.

I'm usually a level headed person. So why was I acting like this? Why was I having creepy dreams that I couldn't explain? I had no idea and that's what was killing me.

My phone rang. I got it out of my jean pocket and pressed the green button.

"Yeah?"

"Sweetie, you know I hate it when you answer the phone like that."

"Oh. Sorry mom. Habbit. Sorry I didn't call you I uh, fell asleep."

"Oh it's ok. I just was calling to check in."

"I know."

"So are you okay? Having fun?"

Ha. No. "Yes mom."

"Well alright. I'll let you go...."

"Bye mom."

"Bye. Love you."

"You too."

I hung up. I hated lying to my mom. I'm not okay. I'm a nervous wreck. But I didn't want to worry her and I definitely didn't want to go home. Not yet. Not when we just got here.

I looked at the clock, 10:43. I sighed. I was tired. It had been a long day.

But I didn't dare sleep.

****************************

I was humming while walking around the small cafe located inside the hotel, my third cup of coffee in my hand. I had managed to stay awake all night long. When I though I might fall asleep, I got up and quietly did ten jumping jacks. Olivia slept like a baby andI envied her. No creepy dreams to keep her awake.

"Hey."

I would've spilled the coffee all down the front of my shirt if Harley hadn't caught it just as it tipped.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Damn Angel. You look like hell."

"Thanks, that's what every girl wants to hear from a guy."

"Sorry but its the truth. Did you get any sleep at all?"

I sighed. "No."

"Were you scared to sleep?"

"That was part of. I just...didn't know how long it would take me to wake up this time."

"Hey, it'll be okay. They're just dreams. Okay that made me sound like a conceited ass but I don't know what else to tell you Angel."

"I know. It's okay." I patted Harley on the shoulder.

"Anyways. Is that all you're going to have this morning?" He eyed my coffee with distaste.

"Well I'm really not all that hungry."

Harley walked away. Weird. I shrugged and turned back to my coffee. I looked around the cafe and found an empty table. I walked over and sat in the booth and relaxed into it.

I felt someone sit across from me. I opened one eye. I saw a tray full of donuts, muffins, and bagels. I opened the other eye and looked up from the tray to Harley's face. He was grinning.

"You need to eat."

"But I don't want too."

"But you must." He thrusted a muffin under my nose.

"Fine."I took the muffin from him and took a bite. "Happy?" I asked.

"Very."

"And since when are donuts breakfast?"

"Pfft. Since forever?"

"I don't think so."

"Well then since now." He took a bite of a chocolate donut and raised his eyebrows.

I laughed. He was so ridiculous, and I loved him for that.

Harley picked up something. A sandwich.

I pointed to it. "Umm."

"It's a pickle sandwich."

"Ugh disgusting."

"No, you just have no taste for fine food."

I shook my head and decided not to comment.

I finished my muffin and decided to eat another. So I did. It really did make me feel better. Five minutes later we were joined by Damon and two minutes after that Olivia sat down. By the time we decided to leave all the food from the tray was gone.

After we let our food settle we decided to get to know the town like we planned. We all piled into the truck and we just drove around doing nothing. After an hour I finally let my eyes close. And I slept.

**************************

I was being lifted. I opened my eyes once again to be staring straight into light grey eyes.

"Good morning."

I looked at my watch. "It is not morning." I groaned

"So? What's wrong with saying good morning at 8:00 in the evening. Absolutely nothing." He smiled down at me. God that was an amazing smile.

"I guess not.." I mused.

I looked forward and saw that we were entering the hotel.

"I can walk you know."

"I beg to differ. You fall all the time. You need to work on your walking skills."

"Very funny."

"I know. I'm hilarious."

"I'd call that conceit."

"Yeah maybe just a little."

I laughed. "But seriously, put me down."

"Okay." But he kept walking. He opened a door andI realized we were already at my room. Damon put me down on the bed.

"Get some sleep okay Angel?"

"Alright." I said sleepily. I was already half asleep anyways and hadn't had a dream when I was asleep in the truck.

"Night." Damon said, opening the door.

"Night." I muttered as my eyelids closed.

**************************

I was surrounded again. But instead of growling, this time it was hissing. Like one hundred snakes. God I hated snakes. It sounded like they were saying something. I couldn't understand it. I listened harder. The darkness felt like it was closing in on me. I listened. they were saying, "This is where the darkness rests."

There was no where for me to run. No where for me to hide. I was alone (well I hoped I was alone) and I didn't know what to do. That's when something grabbed hold of my neck.

*************************

I sat up quickly, breathing hard. Another dream. Just as mystifying as the last. Was I ever going to get any peace?