Status; --:--

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bughouse, he thinks he's a god and he's willing to blow up half the world to prove it. Starting with the USA."
Colonel Phillips informed us. He had been speaking with Dr. Zola himself just a day ago.

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities. He gets across the Atlantic...he will wipe out the entire eastern seaboard in an hour."
Howard butted in.

This isn't gonna work. They've only got 24 hours to find Schmidt and stop him before his big plan is in action.

We can't let that happen. The 2 most valuable cities in the country rests on the eastern side.

And Steve's plan is to 'knock right on the front gate' like that won't get them killed before they can say "Fucking hell".

He's an idiot. Still. He just unconsciously coined the whole definition of idiocy. Everyone in the room are dismissed to keep working and for Steve and his team to prepare.

They're going to the Alps. The last Hydra base.

I was going to go to my room and rest for a while, if I even was allowed to do that. But I was stopped by Steve. He grabbed my arm softly.

"Tony, I wanted to give this back to you."
He held out his hand and I saw that he still had my soul-watch, after so many months without it.

It was still in working order. I held out the watch and my wrist and he helped me put the watch on, his fingers fumbling nervously for some reason.

It said 00.00. But every time I look at the watch is when I'm around Steve and the watch always says 00.00. So maybe it is broken?

I never thought of it but I never found my soulmate that day, at the Stark Expo. Like the watch said I would, that's kind of weird.

Maybe it just doesn't work at all? What if it's ACTUAL bullshit? Like..just a marketing thing? The company that began selling the watches to the general public is now, at least in the 2000s, one of the richest companies in the world.

"Thank you."
Like usual when we talk and the silence falls we stare at each other, smiles lingering on both our lips.

Those eyes are next to entrancing. It's strange how breathtaking they are, blue eyes are always beautiful.

"Uh...Steve..I wanted to..."
I began, fiddling with the watch on my wrist.

"...I wanted to wish you luck, on your journey. The country really needs you, make sure you return here."
He laughed and looked down at his feet.

"I promise to get back to you..well..Uh, for-for everyone you know."
I nodded at his statement, but I saw how he regretted how he phrased that.

I saw him getting ready to say something else, so I waited. I had time. It was he who didn't have as much time.

"Tony..we've known each other for a while. And many things that I thought were impossible for me...happened and I tried for a long time to hide it somewhere else..inside me I guess-"
He cut himself off when I showed through my face I had no idea what he was saying.

"I joined the army..I got tall,"
He chuckled as he said it and I did too, thinking back to when he was shorter than me.