Status;

"Tony, you're the smartest person I know right now!"
I yelled at him as I closed the door to my apartment.

"And how many people do you know, Rogers?!"
He shouted back, leaning his entire chest forward to strengthen his countering move.

"What does that matter! You invented a miniature camera, that works may I add despite you saying it doesn't. And you figured out the Soul-Principle! Howard Stark has been working on that for 4 years! Tony you need to do this!"

Tony groaned loudly.

"Didn't I tell you I have no ID? I'm technically not even Tony Stark anymore!"

"And I weigh 95 pounds!"
Tony cocked his head backwards while knitting his eyebrows together.

"Tha-That has nothing to do with anything."
He put his pointing finger up and moved it as he talked.

"I'm eligible on my asthma alone! I have other medical conditions that doesn't let me enlist, and here I am. Talk to Dr. Erskine tomorrow and he'll talk to Colonel Phillips. You're a great scientist and you could even be a tactician."

"Shut the hell your mouth."
It made me laugh, I had never heard that before. I laughed pretty loudly I'd say.

I could also spy with my little eye a Tony Stark also laughing.

The laughter died after a few seconds and Tony began taking off his shoes, I took off my jacket and hung it over a clothing hanger.

As Tony was going to go into my room and probably rest I spoke up again.

"You won't have to be on the field and you won't be alone."
He stopped in his tracks, his back still facing me.

"You'll have a roof over your head and food."

"Good night, Steve."
Was all he said before closing the door after him. I sighed deeply as I kept my eyes on the door, hoping he'd change his mind and open it again.

Didn't happen.

I walk into my mother's room and take off my clothes, put on a tank top and crawl under the blanket.

Now when mom hasn't been here for a while the room smells like nothing, it used to smell like daisies. She had some on the window sill but they died because I forgot to water them.

Watering your plants takes 4 seconds yet it's the thing you forget first.

I couldn't sleep. Out of anticipation and worry. Anticipation because I'm finally in the army, thanks to Dr. Erskine and his experiment.

Worry because Bucky is going to England tomorrow and I'll be going to Jersey, which one is worse, am I right?

But Bucky is a great fighter, he's always been. He has his morals and he knows what he wants and what he believes in, he has a big heart.

I'm gonna miss him. I'm sure he'll make it through the European mess.

I hope Tony will consider my offer. I had told Dr. Erskine about Tony's potential, that he's smart.