Status; Deactivated

[]

"I know this neighborhood."
Steve spoke up, looking out of the window. I have never seen it, it's hard to recall.

I was squeezed in between Steve and Agent Carter.

"I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot..and behind that diner."
What the hell..okay I saw him get beaten once, I didn't think it happened often.

He never told me.

I looked down at my hands, for some reason feeling bad because I couldn't help him. I don't need to feel bad, I didn't even know he existed before dreaming this.

Well, if it's a dream he probably doesn't exist anyway.

"Did you have something against running away?"
Agent Carter asked. Great question.

"You start running and they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?"

"I know little what that's like. To have every door shut in your face."
Right. Women back then were truly looked down upon. I was surprised when I saw her on camp.

She's really smart and strong, I see why she made it this far. She could go as far as she likes, her and Steve are very similar.

"I guess I just don't know why you wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or...a beautif-a woman. An agent! Not a dame."
Someone has a crush I see..

Not surprising.

Not surprising at all...
Agent Carter is beautiful like he said.

"You are beautiful but-"
He cut himself off. I suddenly felt really awkward sitting between them.

If this was Rhodey or Bruce I would've cheered them on and probably interfere but..something about this makes me slightly uncomfortable.

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?"
Isn't that a little obvious.

"I think this is the longest conversation I've had with one. Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on."

Ugh. Sweet summer child.

"You must've danced."
That is second base in the 40s. No sex until marriage! You know. Dancing is basically them saying "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and perhaps one day even fuck you"

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seemed so terrifying. In the past few years it just,"
Steve shrugged.

"Didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait."

"For what?"
Agent Carter asked.

"The right partner."
My, they have chemistry. The come along just great.

The driver pulled up to a store filled with antiques. Um..why? Oh. Steve is antique now. If he even exists he should be like 90 years old.

We get out of the car.

"This way."
Carter said, sounding like her regular self again. Not as soft as in the car.