Ben Bruce

A/N:Saw this on Pinterest

A/N:Saw this on Pinterest. It kinda made me mad, because I'm diabetic and a regular coke could put in a coma or even kill me. Anyway, I kinda made a story based off this and how it made me feel.

Also a slight trigger warning of language & slight violence.

*******************************

"so, have you picked a movie?" My boyfriend, Ben asked me, as he pulled into a space and shut off the engine. He's been off tour the past two months, but he is recording a new album, and I've been preparing my new novel for publishing. We're both very busy. But we agreed to take today off and spend time together, deciding on the theater.

" Captain Marvel?" I ask, as I step out of the car and he takes my hand leading me to the building. We quickly get our tickets and proceed to the concessions. At first glance at Ben, the girl behind the counter stretches her lips into a huge smile and leans over the counter, displaying her cleavage." Hey, handsome, what can I get you? " she says in almost a shriek.

Ben ignores her flirting and orders a large popcorn for us to share, along with his Dr.Pepper and I ask for a diet coke. She handed us our order, adding a wink in Ben's direction, her actions make me a little nervous and uneasy, she's much prettier than me. Ben quickly pulls those thoughts from me as he kisses my cheek before walking with me to the theater room.

We find our seats near the middle of the nearly empty room, and we get settled, Ben resting his arm across my shoulders, like he always does. The previews haven't started yet, so we just proceed to talk about random things. I take a pause from our conversation to take a shot of insulin for the popcorn, then I take a sip from my drink.

"Yuck!" I whisper, my face scrunching up a little

" babe, what is it." Ben questions

' that's not diet." I answer. "Sure?" He ask as he takes a sip from my drink, confirming my statement. "That's regular. Wait here." He tells me before getting up and leaving the room, my drink in his hand.

" like hell" I state to myself as I leave my seat to follow behind him. He walks back to the concessions counter, finding the same flirty girl." Well, hello again cutie" she states, smiling big and leaning forward again. But Ben is quick to stop her flirts." She asked for diet." He says simply, shoving the cup of sugary soda in her face. Her smile fades to a frown, only to return again.

" oh, come on, she doesn't WANT diet. She probably drinks it so she can loose weight for you." I hear her respond, from behind the wall where I'm hiding. " you should just dump her fat ass and date me instead.

' FAT! I am not fat' I think , but don't have the chance to say anything. Ben's face looks hurt, before he leans toward her, grabbing the collar of her low-cut shirt. Her smile changes again , her lips pressing together, expecting a kiss. But instead, Ben looks at her angrily. I move toward him slightly, to stop a potential fight, but I stop in my tracks as he begins to speak.

" first off, Y/N is fucking perfect. Maybe too skinny, but I love her and no amount of your flirting can change that." I smile at his words " secondly, she's a diabetic. Do you know what that means?" He ask, but doesn't wait for her response " it means one sip of this could've fucking killed her" he stops his rant and let's go of her, as tears spill from her eyes.

" I'm...I....I'm so sorry" she studders out her apology and quickly picks up a clean cup, filling it with my correct drink, and handing it back to him.

"Ben!" I make myself known as I hug him from behind " thank you" I whisper, as he turns around, pulling me close to him. " your welcome my lady" he responds as we walk back to the theater.

"Damn it, we missed the beginning" he grumbles, causing me to giggle.