| 27 |

•THEODORE•

The ride to my penthouse was silent and awkward. Charlie sat as far away from me as possible and when I tried to talk to him, he scoffed and looked out the window like the sidewalk dropped an album.

It was frustrating really. I admit that what I said sounded wrong but Charlie's not anywhere near willing to listen. We haven't seen each other in a while and I just want to hold him right now. This wasn't going according to plan.

The car stopped in front of my apartment and Charlie hopped out of it before the engine was turned off. I apologised to the driver and followed him inside.

When I walked passed the door, I noticed Charlie look at Blake. Before I could say anything, he turned around and grabbed me by the collar.

"You brought her here!?",he hissed angryily.

I held his hands and squeezed them gently,"Could you allow me to explain before trying to kill me?".

He let go and rushed a hand through his hair in frustration,"I'm tired. I want to bathe and go to sleep. You're sleeping on the couch tonight".

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh at how cute he was being. I knew that if I did laugh, he'd be more upset. His face was slightly red with anger and his lips were in a pout. He looked like an angry chipmunk.

"Noted",I said,"this is Blake".

He let out an exasperated breath,"What the fuck, Ted? You brought her here to rub it in my face that you're going to marry her? I don't care about her or her name",he turned to glare at Blake,"if she's staying the night then you better look for a hotel or else both of you",he turned to face me,"are taking the couch".

"Wait a minute, Charlie. You're misunderstanding".

"What the fuck is there to misunderstand!?",he yelled.

"Blake is my brother".

He froze, the confused look on his face was priceless,"Huh?",he asked after a while,"don't lie to me! I'm not blind. That's a woman. With the breasts and the hair and everything".

"He's a trans woman".

His jaw dropped,"Unbelievable! If you give me a story of you being in love with your sister, I promise that you won't wake up to see tomorrow".

"What?",I held his hands and rubbed my thumbs softly on his skin to calm him down,"no, Blake is just here to see you. There's no woman".

"How rude, Teddy",Blake said, standing up,"I've been your sister for almost five years and you still refer to me using male pronouns".

Charlie looked even more baffled and held my arm,"You must be kidding me".

"It's totally true",he put his arms on his waist,"I didn't have a bottom surgery though. You wanna see?".

He shook his head,"No thanks. I'm getting dizzy. Let me take a bath then we'll talk about all this",he then went up the stairs to our room.

I looked at my brother,"Why did you ask him to see your dick? Everything you said before that was sensible".

"He didn't believe you so I had to step in",he frowned,"I really wanted to meet him but the first thing he tells me is that I'll sleep on the couch".

"Sorry about that, it's partially my fault. I didn't expect to see him there especially with that guy and my words came out wrong".

He nodded,"I'm going to invade your fridge. I'm starving".

Thirty minutes later, Charlie came back down wearing a Navy blue jumper and a pair of loose short white shorts. His hair was still slightly wet from his bath.

"Come here",I said, patting the space next to me.

He hesitated for a bit then did as he was told. I rested my hand on his bare thigh and smiled when he unconsciously bit his lip.

"So.... What's going on?",he asked.

"You see, the thing is.....",and I told him everything that happened back in Paris and how my mother reacted. He listened attentively, nodding along though he kept his eyes on Blake.

"Is that why you said that your mother was throwing a hissy fit?",he asked.

I nodded,"But we sorted it all out. I didn't go to Paris for a marriage meeting or anything like that. It was just a family reunion together with a celebration for a new branch that was opened in Brazil".

"I see. I'm sorry for making a fuss".

I put an arm around his shoulder,"I'd be more concerned if you didn't. You're cute when you're jealous",I kissed the bottom of the side of his neck.

He smiled and looked at me. We stared into each other's eyes and I felt really happy to see him smiling again. If he continued being a stubborn ass then I'd be at a loss.

Suddenly, Blake burst out laughing. I glared at him, hating him slightly for ruining the moment.

"What's got you so bubbly, sis?",I asked.

He snorted,"I'm sorry. It's just that mom's reaction was too funny. Everytime I remember it, I can't help but laugh".

"Was it that bad?",Charlie asked, concerned.

He put some blonde strands at the back of his ear and sighed,"Oh, it was bad",he started to laugh again,"it was worse than when I suggested changing my gender. She yelled and cried but for Teddy, she actually fainted!".

Charlie looked at me,"Is that okay? Wasn't it scary that she did?".

"It was",I said,"everyone was worried and we let her rest. The topic continued the following day".

"But honestly",Blake cut in, finally ending his laugh parade,"I want the video for a Christmas present. I'll save her shriek for Halloween".

I laughed and stood up,"Okay, enough of that. Let's have dinner and I'd like you two to get to know each other".

~

I'm so confused and trying to find the balance between excitement and patience. I'm not sure if I should publish the first chapter of the next pack of treats I've got for you. Should I?

Thanks for your support guys💕

Vote, comment and follow👣