| 7 |

•THEODORE•

I parked my car a large distance away from the bakery. If I went there in my black Mercedes, it would attract a lot of  unnecessary attention from people and not all of them will be harmless.

Not that I was afraid of a gang up or anything. If most, I was a pretty strong fighter but better be safe than sorry.

The walk down was slightly brisk and the morning air this lovely Saturday was fresh, light and warm. The sun shone beautifully and the other stores lined up this block were already attending to customers.

As I neared the bakery, I examined its exterior. It was a neat and clean place that gave out the best aroma. The small bakery somehow upset me because of it's size. Something that makes such wonderful desserts and coffee must be bigger. More attention seeking.

I also didn't like it's location.

There were a few bars and casinos a few blocks down and Charlie's trustable attitude seriously worried me.

What if he got mugged on his way out?

I entered the bakery dressed as casual as I could because Charlie said that I looked like a kidnapper the last time I came. It slightly hurt my pride that a man of my pedigree would be labeled suspicious.

"Good morning and welcome to Heaven's Bakes",the cute brunette woman, whom I remembered as Charlie's sister, said.

I smiled at her,"Thanks and good morning to you too".

She walked closer to me,"You're Charlie's friend, right?".

"Yeah I am. Could you inform him of my arrival?".

She beamed and saluted playfully,"Yes sir. My name is Lynn Garrett by the way".

I chuckled,"Nice to meet you, Lynn".

I looked at the long line standing in front of the cash register and I felt relieved that this place was doing well. Making my way into the even smaller cafe area, I found a free table near the windows and sat down.

A waiteress came to me immediately,"Good morning, sir",she greeted,"what would you like to order?".

I smiled at her,"What do you recommend?".

She blushed and looked at the menu,"U-uhm, a slice of vanilla sponge cake with a latte, no sugar. The cake was recently let out to cool so it's very fresh".

"I see. I'll have that then".

Her blush darkened,"O-of course",and she left.

After ten minutes, the waitress was back and my meal was served. I thanked the woman and poked the delicious looking cake.

It was a plain cake and I felt excited to taste it. Charlie was obsessed with cream so eating one of the few things he didn't put cream on somewhat felt like a privilege.

I cut off a piece with the side of my fork and ate it. I moaned at the amazing way it melted in my mouth and the taste was magnificent.

"I'm glad that you're enjoying your meal, Mr. Bentley".

I looked up at Charlie, who was walking towards me in his work uniform and apron,"As expected of your talented hands".

He smiled and sat down. His chestnut hair was pulled back and his cute brown eyes sparkled. He was truly a beauty to behold.

"You've come early",he said.

"I have a meeting in the afternoon and I'll be busy in the evening so this seemed like the best time to drop by".

"I'm glad that you came".

I chuckled,"What university did you go to? It must have been a wonderful place for them to teach you how to bake this good".

He laughed that melodious laugh of his,"I'm just twenty years old and I'm not going to attend any university".

I paused, looking up from my food,"Why not?".

He blushed in embarrassment,"We aren't as fortunate and the school is expensive",he smiled shyly,"that's why I'm working hard to save up".

"Your jobs don't pay well?".

"Not really".

"What about your laptop? Can't you find something online?".

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously,"I don't have one but I look for well paying jobs using my phone. They all require certain qualifications and I only have my highschool certificate so I'm not very convincing".

"What about internship?".

"I did that at a famous restaurant for four months but when people found out that I was gay, they got uncomfortable and I got fired",he laughed as if it was no big deal,"but it's okay. I just have to work harder".

Work harder?

He unfairly got fired because of his sexuality and all he has to say is that he has to work harder?

He's going through so much hardship yet he's still laughing and smiling with his carefree attitude.

I felt a little guilty. All my life I've always got what I wanted that I sometimes wondered if I even worked hard enough to deserve them.

"I'm sorry. I said something unsettling, didn't I?",he asked, looking concerned.

I shook my head,"No worries. I'm happy that I'm getting to know more about you".

He looked at his watch and stood up,"I need to go".

"So soon?".

"I promised Lynn that I'd spend less than twenty minutes".

I nodded,"Don't I deserve a kiss?".

He blushed,"Here?".

"Just on the cheek",I smiled.

He bit his lip as he hesitated. I felt a little jealous. I should be the only one who should be biting those delectable lips of his.

He leaned in and kissed my cheek softly.

"Not so satisfying, huh?",I teased.

He chuckled,"We'll give people heart attacks".

I shrugged and shooed him away with my hand. I watched him leave, hoping that I didn't look like a creep.

After I was done with my meal, I paid the bill and walked out. I felt happy that I got to see him and I hoped to get to see him more often.

What a wonderful way to start this busy Saturday.

~

I'm a cat person but I'm forced to be a dog person because my young sister is terrified of cats.😽

Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Any thoughts on the chapter?

Vote, comment and follow 💕