| 15 |

•THEODORE•

It's been a week and some few days since Charlie moved in with me and our compatibility is amazing. Not only in sex but in sharing our living space as well.

We never meddled into each other's space, we both loved to cuddle and Charlie's morning attitude was comedy gold.

When it came to food, he hated eating his vegetables. He would always separate the veggies from the main meal. I'd have to force him to eat them and he'd spend the night sulking like a little kid. He was a really stubborn guy but he's cute so it's a win-win.

I was seated on the bed as I typed away on my laptop. I've started coming home early so I'm doing my work in advance. 

Charlie shifted about then opened his beautiful eyes to look at me,"What time is it?",he mumbled sleepily.

"7.36 am",I answered.

He sat up and stretched. When he settled down, he got off the bed and stumbled into the bathroom on wobbly legs as he released a string of curses and cuss words.

I chuckled lightly. Charlie brought a whole new meaning to not being a morning person. In addition to his sexy bed head, he looked horrible and drunken. He insulted the world and I think I wouldn't like to be on his bad side in the morning.

After a few minutes, Charlie walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and looking alive.

"You wake up so fucking early", he said with a smile as he crawled towards me. He kissed me,"good morning, babe".

I smiled back at him,"Good morning".

"I'm going to take a shower, wanna join?".

I shook my head, my smile turning apologetic,"Not today. I've got a bunch of things I wanna clear up to lessen my Monday load".

He nodded,"Okay. Work hard",he got off the bed,"I going to head out for the bakery at ten".

"What time will you be back?".

"The usual eight pm".

I nodded and went back to my laptop.

He went into the bathroom and the raining sound of water spraying from the showerhead filled the room.

I sighed. I understood that Charlie liked being independent but I'd love it if he were a little more spoiled with me.

Later that evening, I walked out of the B&C business building while Victoria and my bodyguards followed behind.

Being suddenly called out for a meeting on a Sunday was never my cup of tea.

"Sir",Victoria called as she caught up to me,"you're supposed to stay for formalities. Members of StrussHouse were present there. If you coul-".

"What's the time?",I asked.

She blinked in confusion,"Huh?".

"What's the time?",I repeated.

She looked at her wristwatch,"Its 7.42pm, sir".

I nodded then got into the car. My mood right now wasn't the best and I bet that seeing Charlie is going to put me in higher spirits.

"Let's first pick up Charlie from the bakery",I told the driver.

He nodded curtly and turned in the direction of the bakery.

When we got there, number one and two got out of the car first and I followed.

I walked to the back of the bakery. Number one held my arm,"Sir, don't you think you should get him from inside the store?", he asked.

I shook my head and smiled,"I want to surprise him".

He let go and we walked to the back. As we neared the entryway, there was a distinct sound of voices that got louder with each step.

"I said, give me your wallet",a gruff voice demanded.

"I don't have it with me".

My eyes widened. That was Charlie's voice.

The gruff man laughed,"There's no way you only have twenty dollars on you".

"Seeing is believing, dumbass",Charlie answered nonchalantly.

"Cocky motherfucker!",this sentence was followed by a loud thud.

I ran into the corner and the two men came into my sight. The gruff man wore a brown hoodie and dirty blue jeans, his shoulders were slouched. Charlie was on the ground, his palms covered his face and he was groaning.

I grit my teeth in anger. This is what I was worried about! The position of this bakery is in a dangerous neighborhood.

"Number one! Number two! I want to see that man on his knees now!",I ordered.

The gruff man seemed to be oblivious of what was going on. He lifted his right foot and almost kicked Charlie but my men already grabbed each of his arms and kicked the back of his knees, causing him to kneel.

I rushed to Charlie and helped him up,"Are you okay?", I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine",he mumbled, his hand covering his right eye.

I held his wrist and pulled his hand down. He was a little swollen under his eye.

My bad mood took a turn for the worst and I looked at the drunk man, who kept yelling at us to release him. I walked in front of him and kicked his face. The man groaned and tried to move away but my men kept him in place.

I made him look up at me by grabbing his hair,"Hey, buddy. Hasn't your mother ever taught you not to damage what isn't yours?".

The man laughed,"Why the fuss over a dude?".

I brushed him off and clenched my fists in anger,"Since you don't know what to do with your hands, maybe you don't need them, hmm?",I looked at number one,"Get rid of one hand".

He smiled a small smile,"Which one?".

"I don't care".

"Wait!",The man shouted,"don't! I beg you. I'll never bother him again, I swear!".

"Ted",Charlie said,"give him a break. He's already scared shitless. You can get arrested for this".

I looked at him,"He hurt you".

"It's just one punch, I won't die. Please",he pleaded with a sad face.

I sighed then turned to my bodyguards,"Don't cut his hand off",the man visibly relaxed,"break it".

Number one nodded.

"S-s-sir, please", the man begged.

I looked at the man coldly,"The next time you touch him",I smiled softly,"you'll be losing both arms".

I grabbed Charlie's arm and lead him out of the alley. After we entered the car, a piercing shriek came from the back. I noticed Charlie flinch, a troubled look on his face.

I sighed. He's probably gonna hate me for this but it's better if he knows this side of me sooner than later.

~

Who saw that coming?
Eeeep! I'm so excited.

Vote, comment and follow💕