| 17 |

•CHARLIE•

I stood in front of Theodore's office door, my hand on the wood as I debated on whether I should knock or not. I've been standing here for an hour now. Well, only ten minutes but it felt like an hour and I was seriously having second thoughts about facing Ted.

After three days of avoiding him like the plague, I finally had the balls to sit down and talk it out like mature adults.

Huh. I wonder where my confidence suddenly ran off.

I looked at my shoes and then at my hand on the door. I was trembling.

With a final sigh, I tucked the bag of paintings under my arm and shoved my hands in my pockets. A good man knows when he's defeated and right now, I'm really regretting coming here.

I turned and my eyes suddenly met Ted's. I dropped my gaze immediately.

"Aren't you going to go in?", he asked.

"Wha-?", My voice broke a little. I took a deep breath and mastered all my courage then all that came out from my mouth was,"huh?".

He chuckled then walked to me, he leaned in and I tensed. I heard a click sound before the door was pushed open,"Come in".

"S-sure", I got in and he stepped in after me,"Uhm, I've only brought two paintings today but they're pretty good".

He got the paintings and put them on his desk,"Sold".

"You haven't seen them yet".

"You said that they're pretty good so I'll take your word for it".

I hummed as I tried to look at anything but him.

He sighed then said,"I'm sorry about that night. You must have been frightened".

I shrugged nonchalantly,"It's okay",I lied.

He leaned on his desk and folded his arms across his chest,"Are you afraid of me?".

I gulped then shook my head.

"Are you disillusioned? Disappointed?".

"I've got a whole lot of things to do this afternoon and I'm running late",I said, trying to find an excuse to leave.

"Look at me".

I kept my gaze down. What did I come here for again? What did I plan on saying?

I've been practicing what to say since last night but I guess saying it in front of the mirror is easier than saying it in front of the real thing. I didn't remember a lick of what I had practiced.

He suddenly pulled me roughly against his muscled chest, smiling as he knew that he had the upper hand,"Why won't you meet my eyes, Charlie?", he asked with that oh so sexy voice of his that sent shivers down my spine. Good shivers.

"L-let me go",I pleaded,"I've got work to do".

"It'll take only a snap of my fingers and you'll be unemployed".

"I know that",I cleared my throat,"I'm gonna be late".

His hold on me tightened and he rose his brow,"Why the rush? You are mine".

"I'm not yours".

He chuckled,"I love this stubborn part of you but let's face it, you belong to me".

He leaned in, his hot breath brushing my neck lightly. I gulped down the immense pleasure that shot through me just from having him close.

He was right.

I was already too deeply involved with this annoyingly good looking man. I couldn't help it.

I guess I do belong to the billionaire after all.

I sighed heavily,"I totally hate you right now".

He frowned then gently bit down my earlobe and I gasped. It's been a while since we've been so close and my body was getting excited.

I innocently looked to the side,"If you kiss me, I might consider forgiving you",I whispered.

Without wasting any more time, he captured my lips in a sensual kiss. He lightly nibbled on my jawline and I sighed in pleasure. He pulled away and examined my face,"I'm I forgiven now?".

I smiled,"Hmm, yeah but I don't think I can easily overlook your past involvement with the mafia".

He's eyes widened in surprise,"The mafia?".

"Yeah. It's kinda scary".

He looked confused,"Wait. Who was involved with the mafia again?".

"You, dummy".

"I've never been involved with the mafia. Who fed such an idea to you?".

"Julian".

He rolled his eyes,"That tightwad. Don't believe the shit he blurts out".

I bit my lower lip and held his arms,"I'm sorry for avoiding you like that".

He shook his head slowly,"No. I'm sorry for doing that in front of you. It must have been scary".

I rested my head on his chest,"It was. Though I was more shocked than afraid".

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head,"I'm sorry. I was just so angry that he dared to hit you".

"Why did you give such an outrageous command?".

"I spat out the first thing that came to my mind".

"Would you have really let number one cut off his hand?".

He looked to the side awkwardly,"Well......".

I frowned,"You know what? Don't answer that".

"I'm sorry, baby".

I laughed then pushed him away lightly,"I've gotta go now",I smiled up at him,"please don't snap your fingers",I teased.

"You know I didn't really mean that".

"Well, you're the billionaire here".

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in",Ted said.

The door opened and Victoria walked in with a file in her hand.

"Sir, the investors from Cosmos have arrived",she said then she looked at me and smiled,"hello, Charlie".

"Hi",I looked up at Ted,"I should be on my way",I pecked him lightly,"I'll see you when you get back home".

"Sounds good".

After letting him go, I smiled awkwardly at Victoria and made my leave.

~

Yey!
A surprise chapter!
I'm not supposed to update while I'm in the middle of editing my other book 'cause it'll slow me down but I was tempted.

Vote, comment and follow💕