| 5 |

•CHARLIE•

I opened the oven and pulled out the tray of vanilla cupcakes. The scent blended with all the other pastries and cakes and it made me feel like a proud parent.

This bakery was a small place but it's products were second to none. A lot of people came in during the weekends and some had their breakfast here in the even smaller cafe area.

I smiled at the masterpieces and arranged them on a white, ceramic serving tray. I put the tray on the table and admired the other pastries that lay next to it. Soon, they'd be taken out for display and make their consumer have a lovely day.

"Charlie!" Lynn called exasperatedly as she walked into the kitchen.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, getting concerned.

She held my arm. "There's a creepy man whose been standing by the employee entrance for a while now."

I frowned. "Okay. I'll go and check it out."

"Please be careful," she pleaded. "There are some dangerous people roaming around nowadays."

I nodded and took off my apron before walking to the employee's entrance. I wasn't good at fights so I hoped that whomever that creep was would be a guy whose okay with harmless conversation.

I opened the door and cautiously stepped out.

"Ah! There you are." a man said as he pushed himself away from the wall he was previously leaning on and walked towards me.

My eyebrows rose in surprise. "Huh?" He walked closer and I noticed his golden brown eyes, which made me release a relieved sigh. "Mr. Bentley."

"Please call me Ted when we are outside work," he corrected and I nodded.

He wore a black jumper with the hood up, a black mask covering his nose and mouth, navy blue jeans and white trainers. With the addition of his tall and muscular build, he did look like a suspicious person.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked.

He pulled down the mask slightly and smiled. "I came to see you."

"Why didn't you come inside? You're scaring people."

He chuckled. "I'm sorry, but if I waited inside for too long, people might recognise me and things would get chaotic."

I guess that explains the weird getup.

"You look like a kidnapper," I joked. "Come in for a bit. It's better than being out in the cold."

He put the mask back on and nodded in agreement. After we got into the building through the main entrance, I led him to a table near the kitchen and he sat down.

"I'll make you a cup of tea," I said and went into the kitchen.

"What the fuck, Charlie!?" Lynn whispered to me harshly. "You brought the creep inside?"

I waved my hand at her dismissively. "Chill the fuck out. I know him."

She looked at me suspiciously. "None of your buddies are that big."

"He's not my buddy."

"Then-"

"Can you shut up for ten years? It's just a guy I sorta work with"

"I hope that you aren't lying to me."

I ignored her prying and went out. I gave Theodore a slice of strawberry poke cake and the cup of tea I offered earlier. "Dig in."

He pulled down his mask and ate a forkful. He's face lit up. "This is amazing. You baked this?"

Happiness bubbled inside of me and I smirked proudly. "Yeah."

"Hello, fine sir," Lynn greeted as she leaned on the table and smiled wide.

My sister was a very attractive and for some reason, I felt a little insecure.

He smiled back at her. "Hello."

"I heard that you're my little brother's acquaintance."

"I am."

"I'm surprised that Charlie knows someone so good looking. Are you single?"

I know. She's shameless.

He smirked. "Uh-huh."

"Great!" She lightly brushed her hand on top of his. "If you come here often, we could hang out and maybe learn more about each other."

I clutched the tray tightly in annoyance. "I'm going back to the kitchen."

He looked at me. "What time is your shift finishing?"

"At eight," I answered and walked away.

I put the tray in the sink and began to make the bread. As I vehemently kneaded the dough, I realized that I kept on sighing and I wondered why I felt so irritated.

Theodore and I slowly walked to my apartment. The night was slightly chilly and the stars brightened up the sky in many, beautiful ways. Unfortunately, my foul mood didn't allow me to pay much attention to it.

After ten more minutes of walking, we finally reached my apartment and entered an elevator. I pressed the button for the third floor and the doors closed, taking us up.

Theodore pulled down his mask and turned to face me. "Are you okay?"

I looked at him. "Yeah. Why?"

"You've been awfully quiet on our way here. I was hoping to know more about you."

"Aren't you supposed to be saying that to my sister?"

"Well, she seems like a good person."

"Wonderful." I looked away as my irritation grew.

He chuckled. "Are you jealous?"

"Why would I?"

He suddenly grabbed my waist with both arms and pulled me against him. I gulped at the close proximity but put an arm inbetween us for some distance.

"I also noticed how upset you got back at the bakery." He leaned in, his hot breath fanning over my lips. "Aren't you cute?" I trembled pleasurably and he continued. "Well, your sister is beautiful, but the one I'm interested in is you."

The corners of my lips tugged into a smile and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "How bold."

His eyes met mine. "I'm the type of guy who likes to get what he wants quickly."

Before I could respond, his lips landed on a wonderful soft spot on my neck and he gently bit down before sucking hard. I moaned loudly before I could stop myself and my hand shot into his soft hair.

"So sexy," he mumbled against my neck and his hands lowered to knead my ass.

"W-we are almost reaching my floor," I said in between soft pants.

He sighed then pulled away. "Then later?"

I blushed. "Uhm... Maybe."

The elevator doors opened and I stepped out then turned to face Ted, who was still in the elevator. "You're not coming?"

He shook his head regretfully. "Not today. See you next week?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

~

My favorite fruits are grapes and apples, you?

And what are your thoughts concerning Theodore?

Vote, comment and follow.💕