| 11 |

•CHARLIE•

I groaned and turned to my side. Too lazy to open my eyes, I reached out to where Ted had slept so that I could wake him up but it was empty.

My eyes immediately shot open and I looked to my side. As predicted by my arm earlier, it was vacant.

I reached for my phone on the nightstand but it wasn't there too. I sat up, rubbed my eyes and released a yawn. After stretching my arms above my head, I ran a hand through my bed head and pulled on a new pair of underwear.

I got off the bed and almost fell on my ass because of the slight soreness from last night's bed tumble. I sat on the bed and leaned back slightly. My legs felt wobbly and my lower back hurt a little. My throat hurt too.

After recollecting myself, I went into the living room and the house was silent. I guess he already left. 

What's up with him leaving before dawn?

I went into the kitchen and headed to the fridge. I pulled open its door and got a bottle of water. I quickly drank half of it then got an apple and took a bite.

My phone started ringing from somewhere in the living room and I began to search for it while holding the apple between my teeth.

My clothes and underwear were scattered everywhere. I finally found my pants and got my phone from one of the pockets.

Julian's name was on the screen and I picked up after taking the apple out of my mouth,"Hello?".

"What's wrong? You sound kinda hoarse",he said.

"It's nothing. Why the sudden call on a Sunday?".

"Uhm, new students are coming over tomorrow and I need help with making the place look awesome".

"I'm hanging up".

"Wait! Listen, you won't be alone. You see-".

"Bye".

"I'll pay you!",he yelled.

I hesitated,"How much?".

"We'll discuss it when you come".

"Two hundred dollars".

"The fuck? It's just for today".

"It's a weekend so you calling me out is basically labour abuse".

He sighed,"Just make it here in the next hour. Please".

"I got it",I hang up and went into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I looked at my reflection and my eyes strayed to my neck which had three hickeys. I touched them lightly.

Why did Ted leave so suddenly? Was I that bad a fuck?

Why didn't he say anything or leave a note on the nightstand like those men in romance movies?

I laughed at my anxious thoughts.

He's Theodore Bentley for fuck's sake. He'd never be serious about someone like me. Maybe he needed a good night's fuck then move on with his luxurious life.

What an asshole. Well, I don't care.

I went back to my room and my eyes went to the crumpled tissues on the floor and memories of last night's hot and passionate sex filled my mind.

Argh.

My heart hurts.

"You've restocked the new paint and canvas?",Julian asked.