| 12 |

•CHARLIE•

I yawned as I lazed around on the couch like a mopey cat. It was really hot today and I was melting. I would have watched TV if I had one and my air conditioning was broken so here we are.

I groaned and looked at my phone, it was almost time for me to go to the bakery and I was really happy. The scent of the ingredients always made my days better.

The doorbell rang. I stared at the door, debating on whether to open or ignore it.

Before I could decide, the soft knocks turned into loud bangs and a shrill voice screaming,"Charlie!? I know you're in there. I don't have all the time in the world so get the fuck out!".

I groaned even louder. I knew that voice. It belonged to my cringy landlady. She's been strict about my rent money ever since she found out that I was gay.

I immediately got up and opened the door. I smiled politely,"Hello Mrs. Pepperfield".

She looked at me through her thick, round glasses. A frown on her face,"Haven't you been told that making busy people wait is rude?".

Have you been told that banging on a tenant's door like he raped your daughter is rude?

"I'm so sorry", I apologised.

"You better be. Your rent is two weeks overdue".

"I know and I'm sorry for that too. I used my cash to help buying stuff for the bakery".

"That's the third time you're saying that. Why don't you pay your rent first then help your bakery?".

"That is the only source of income my parents and sister have. I can't look the other way when they are tight on cash".

"Ha! You should be grateful that I rented a room to a disgusting homosexual like yourself. Be paying on time!".

I clenched my fists in anger. My blood was boiling but I couldn't do anything. This apartment is comfortable, close to work and cheaper than the others around here.

"I'll try to gather the money as fast as I can", I said apologetically.

She shoved two fat fingers in front of my face,"Two days, Charlie. If I'm not paid by then, you're out".

"I don't think I can get the money ready by then".

"Then you should get more jobs and pay up", then she left.

I sighed heavily.

It was evening and I was wiping the counters. My mind was filled with my rent problems.

Two days is too short. What am I gonna do?

"Charlie", Lynn whined as she grabbed my arm,"you've been low today. Is something wrong?".

I smiled,"Not at all".

She stared at me for a while,"I hope so. If anything is wrong don't hesitate to tell me".

I nodded,"There's nothing to be worried about, I assure you".

I put my apron on the hanger and put on my black jumper. I grabbed my stuff, told Lynn I was leaving and I left. 

If I ask Julian for more work he wouldn't refuse. If I calculate what he pays me by four that would make three quarters of my rent but what if there's no work? I'm doomed.

I sighed louder.

"You okay, Charlie?", someone asked.

I turned and looked at Theodore who stood near a nice car with two huge men in black suits standing on each side of him. Who are these people?

As if sensing my discomfort, Ted walked ahead of them and held my hand,"These are my bodyguards, number one", he pointed at the blonde one,"and number two", he pointed at the black haired one.

I looked at the bodyguards then back at Ted. I hugged him.

He looked taken aback,"Are you okay?".

I shook my head.

He hugged me back,"Wanna go to my place?".

I snuggled closer to him and nodded.

"So that's what happened?", Ted asked as he took a sip of his wine.

"Yeah. I'm so pissed! She's such a pain in the ass!", I complained as I downed my entire glass of wine,"and calling me a disgusting homosexual on top of all that bullshit".

Right now, we were at Theodore's luxurious penthouse. We were eating dinner while number one and two were standing on the other side of the door.

This was the most delicious dinner I've ever eaten and it was lightening up my mood. I was also very happy that Ted was listening to my ranting.

He laughed,"There will always be people like that. You just have to know how to handle them".

I sighed and took a forkful of pasta in my mouth. I swallowed, ,"It's not fair. I'm trying my hardest here".

"Why don't you move in with me?".

I looked at him with wide eyes,"What?".

He smirked,"Move in with me, Charlie".

I blushed when I realised that he was dead serious,"N-no way. I don't want to trouble you and I'll feel guilty about freeloading at your beautiful penthouse".

"It's okay. I like being with you so you being here would be great".

"Please don't take pity on me".

He stood up from his seat and walked behind mine,"Then be my live-in housekeeper. I'll pay you ten thousand dollars each month".

My jaw dropped,"No way. Nope. Nah. I refuse".

He held my shoulders gently,"Why?".

"That's too expensive, Ted. I can't accept that".

"How much would you like then? It seems like you hate the thought of being a freeloader and are being a stubborn ass".

I bit my lip,"I don't want to involve any money in our relationship".

He chuckled and his hand slid down to the front of my trousers,"You're just moving in with your boyfriend", he said softly as he teased me through the fabric.

I moaned pleasurably at the work of his fingers and looked up at him. He smiled and kissed me. I responded and brought my hand over my shoulder as I held his jaw.

He bit my lower lip playfully and I opened my mouth, letting our tongues dance seductively and teasingly with each other.

He pulled away and licked his lips,"You're very excited down here".

"Whose fault do you think it is?".

He pulled down the zipper,"Want me to fix it?".

"Yes, please".

~

Hey!
New update. Hope you love it and thanks for reading🎉

Vote, comment and follow👣