𝘹𝘹𝘷𝘪. 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

─────── ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

"THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME."

Cassus sat on a crate in the Hark basement, elbows propped on her knees and fingers clasped tightly. Kylo Ren paced in front of her, but she wasn't watching him. Her eyes were distant, trained on some imaginary point.

Kylo Ren stopped his pacing for a moment to give her a pointed look. "You don't know that."

"Don't be stupid, Ren. I'm a liability."

His pacing restarted. "I have influence. I can get Hux to call off the order. Or force him to."

"You may have influence, but not enough to pull off something like this. And even if you did, what would you say?"

"That you're still needed. That I need you."

"Snoke would see right through that," Cassus said, shaking her head.

"It's not a lie."

She frowned. They didn't have time to unpack all of that right now.

"So when are they getting here?"

"In the morning."

She cursed under her breath. "That's when the Resistance should be getting here. And let's not forget what will happen if they see you."

"I doubt they'd send anyone who would recognize me." Kylo Ren clenched his jaw before releasing a sigh. "We still have the pilot. We still completed our mission."

"Our mission was to get information. With the standstill between the First Order and the Resistance, that is what could turn things. And she has none."

Cassus sat back, her back hitting the wall, and tilted her head up to look at the ceiling. The stone was dusted with sand, but there was a few places where the wind had cleared it away enough to reveal some old carvings.

An idea sparked in her mind. A dangerous one.

"What if," she spoke slowly, "I was able to get more information."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," Cassus spoke faster, leaning forward once again, "what if I went with the Resistance and got more information? They're already on their way to get Greer and her new friend."

Kylo Ren stared at her, his mouth slowly hanging open. "You're insane."

"Maybe," she exclaimed, "but this could work."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Then I'm dead either way." Cassus let out a heavy breath, her shoulders slumping with the movement. "If I'm caught, the Resistance could kill me, but if I don't do something, the First Order will kill me."