𝘹𝘪𝘷. 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ───────

CASSUS LAY MOTIONLESS ON HER COT, fiddling with the hem of the blanket. She should be sleeping; she needed to sleep.

The delivery stop was scheduled to happen in two days.

She had explained the plan to Meri and Greer, and she had planned with DJ and Kylo Ren. But her mind would not allow her to rest.

"Relax, Lara," Meri's voice carried quietly from the other cell.

Cassus turned to face her through the glass, barely able to see the Twi'lek's silhouette in the darkness. "Better said than done," she muttered.

Meri did not respond and for a moment, and Cassus thought she may have fallen asleep until the green woman spoke again.

"It's a good plan."

The compliment surprised Fett. The closest Meri had ever come to a compliment before was telling Cassus that she "didn't suck" after a round in the fight club. The bounty hunter smiled to herself, feeling a wave of pride come over her at the woman's praise.

The young girl stared with wide eyes at the target several meters away. Two holes punctured the critical points on the outline from where her two shots had hit.

She whirled around to look at her father, but quickly tried to suppress her excitement, putting on the most passive expression that she could manage even though she was practically bouncing. Her hands shook restlessly as she set the blaster down.

Boba Fett regarded the target with an expressionless face for several seconds. Cassus started to fidget with anticipation until her father finally looked down at her.

"Well done," he said, a small smile lighting his face. He placed a hand on her shoulder, and the girl immediately leaned into her father's touch.

The seasoned bounty hunter wrapped his arm around her small shoulders and led her to a marker that stood farther from the target. "If you keep this up, we'll soon be able to go on to moving targets."

"With most of the ship's staff manning the delivery, there shouldn't be much interference in reaching an exit," Meri said matter-of-factly, "And the system failure should disable the peacekeeper droids."

"I know." Cassus had run the plan through her head a million times.

"The only thing that seems shaky is your friend in solitary." Meri's words made Fett stiffen slightly. Cassus had tried her best to keep Kylo Ren out of their conversations, wanting to avoid complicating her thoughts.

If Meri noticed Cassus's discomfort, she gave no indication of it. "What makes you think that he'll be able to follow through?"

"He always has," Fett answered automatically, "We've worked together for a long time."