𝘪𝘪. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ───────

FETT HAD FALLEN ASLEEP ALMOST IMMEDIATELY  after the ship had taken off. Kylo Ren always marveled at how easily the bounty hunter could find rest in an uncomfortable transport; he simply folded his arms and leaned his head back.

Of course, Ren knew that this should not be taken as a sign of trust or relaxation. Fett probably had his helmet equipped with countless warning systems.

As with his father, Cassus's name had become synonymous with his helmet. He was never seen without it; even when an emergency would send Ren to the bounty hunter's designated quarters in the middle of the night, the helmet was always what greeted him at the door.

Even when the two first met, the bounty hunter kept the thorough facade. Kylo Ren had been sent to Coruscant in secret to meet a prospective member of the First Order's engineering department. The two had barely gotten a greeting out before a single sniper shot pierced the scientist's chest and set into motion the pair's fateful meeting.

Having spotted the shooter in a nearby building, Ren didn't waste any time in reaching the sniper's nest. Once at the top floor, he crept through the doorway. The silence was only pierced by the hum of his lightsaber coming to life and his ragged breathing.

The Supreme Leader had trusted him with this mission and this hired gun just ruined it. In the low, red light, only the barest silhouette of a figure with his back turned could be seen.

Kylo Ren itched to slice through the assassin, but knew that his information could be critical. "Who is your employer?"

"If you play your cards right: you," An equally deep and distorted voice came from the still figure.

The mercenary's calm voice caught Ren off guard, but he shook it off. Very few had ever faced him without flinching, and they all learned their mistake sooner or later. Usually sooner.

He extended his saber to where it was mere inches from the shooter's head. "I will not ask again."

Still, the figure did not move, not even flinching away from the weapon. "The Resistance. Some woman with purple hair doesn't want you to begin production on your little weapon."

Kylo Ren silently cursed. The woman--Admiral Holdo--was an esteemed member of the Resistance. "How did she know of our weapon?"

"I didn't ask for any details, only payment."

"Well, then your only use to the First Order will be to serve as an example," he said, pleased, before raising his lightsaber and striking down the assassin with one smooth stroke.