𝘹𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪. 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

─────── ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

CASSUS DID NOT LOOK BACK at Kylo Ren as she moved down the hall. Despite how long she had wondered what it looked like, she did not want to see his face.

And she did not want him to see hers.

The Force-wielder had not spoken a word since their discovery, only silently following her as they neared the control station. Part of Cassus preferred this, but another part of her wanted him to say something. Anything.

Reaching the intersection of hallways where the console sat, Cassus risked a glance over her shoulder. Ren was watching her intently, keeping a few steps behind her.

He's wary. Cassus could hardly blame him; she would be suspicious of herself too.

"Meri and Greer are at the loading dock. Getting to this sector from there was fairly easy, but we might have a hard time getting back to them now that the guards have had time to recover." She was somewhat proud of evenness of her voice was despite how jittery and exposed she felt in front of him.

Kylo Ren gave a stiff nod. "Okay."

So that's what his voice sounds like.

Cassus nearly groaned. Everything felt so familiar and foreign at the same time. She could not stand this tenseness between them.

Before, everything they did felt natural and comfortable. She knew Kylo Ren and trusted him. And he trusted her. Whatever move one made, they knew that the other had their back.

But now it just seemed forced and awkward, with both warily eyeing the other.

She opened her mouth, searching for the right thing to say. Before she found any words, Ren's eyes moved passed her and sharpened.

The cuffs on his wrists crackled with electricity as he threw out a hand, and Fett flinched as a blastershot echoed behind her. She whirled around to see a guard stumble back and a hole burn in the wall near her.

Before the man could regain his footing, Cassus rushed at him, grabbing his already lowered weapon and firing at his foot. The guard's cry was cut short as she slammed the butt of the blaster into his face, and he fell with a thud.

A grin spread across Cassus's face as she looked over the new weapon in her hands, checking how many shots were left in it. "Finally, a guard with an actual blaster."