𝘷𝘪𝘪. 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘮

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

─────── ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A FIGHTER."

Cassus looked up from her mopping toward the voice that called to her. Meri stood a few cells down the hall with a spray bottle and rag in hand, cleaning the glass.

It was their sector's designated chore time; rather than keeping maintenance droids that needed maintaining themselves, Sol used the prisoners. In order to make the task even more tedious, the warden only gave them old, handheld tools to use.

Fett drew her gaze back down to her work of cleaning the floors. Shrugging, she said nonchalantly, "I didn't want any trouble with anyone."

The Twi'lek let out a laugh as she continued to wipe the glass. "I doubt anyone will give you any trouble now. Well...except maybe Castor."

"Who?"

"That Togruta you knocked out last night."

The barest upward twitch of her lip was the only indication Cassus gave of her satisfaction. The fighter held himself so high that he needed to be taken down. And his lack of true experience worsened him in her eyes.

The only thing worse than arrogance was ignorant arrogance.

"Are you really a Mandalorian?" Meri asked.

Without looking up or stopping her chore, Cassus lifted her sleeve to reveal the war banner tattoo on her shoulder.

The green woman gave a low whistle. "So, how did you end up here?"

Fett opened her mouth to speak, but another voice stopped her.

"Cassus," a voice—his voice—called weakly.

She sucked in a gasp and jerked her head around as though Kylo Ren would be standing before her. The voice was faint, but it seemed to drown out everything else.

"Ren," she called mentally, not bothering to mask her alarm, "Where are you? Are you alright?"

"Hey, Mandalore," she vaguely heard Meri say, "you alright?"

"Cassus..." his voice grew fainter.

Fett glanced back at the Twi'lek. She could not stay here; she had to go somewhere where she could focus without drawing suspicion.

"Uh, yeah," she said to Meri, "I just need to go get some more water."

Meri narrowed her eyes but nodded nonetheless. "Okay. Maintenance storage is down this hall and to the left."

Hoisting up her bucket and mop, Cassus hurried away. As soon as she reached the storage room, she bent over a supply box, casting glances up through the clear walls. Hopefully, anyone that passed to think she was looking for cleaning supplies.