𝘷. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ───────

AS SOON AS SHE CRACKED HER EYES OPEN, Cassus regretted it. The blackness of unconsciousness was immediately pierced with a blinding white that threatened to burn her retinas. This only made her throbbing headache even worse.

A chuckle at her squirming alerted her to another presence. Forcing her eyes to open, she attempted to look at the source. When the glare of light faded, she found herself staring at clear glass with another cell on the other side. Slowly looking about, she found the same sight closed in around her with the exception of one panel that blocked her off from the brightly lit walkway.

Outside of her cell door was Sol, a cruel sneer etched on his face.

"I had always imagined what the legendary Cassus Fett looked like, but this..." he said with a chuckle, "This is not what I expected."

Her eyes darted down to see that she now wore the dark uniform of a prisoner. A sickening sense of exposure and vulnerability seeped through her bones. She had no helmet, no armor, no weapons.

Wrapping her arms around her torso as though to hide herself, she glowered at the warden. "What is this? What happened to our deal?"

Opening his arms, Sol simply said, "This is business, and I got a better deal."

"From who?"

"That doesn't matter," his answer made Cassus' teeth grind, "What matters is the 100,000 additional credits that I will be paid once I have delivered you."

"Delivered to who?" Cassus gritted out, but another thought struck her so heavily that she stilled.

"Where is Kylo Ren?" she asked urgently, "What have you done with him?"

Sol simply shrugged. "That is no longer of your concern. Once the First Order sends additional payment, they will have him back."

"You really expect the First Order to pay a ransom?" Fett asked in disbelief, "You're insane."

"I am a businessman, Miss Fett," he corrected.

"If you're so smart, then why didn't answer my first question," she asked, her voice dangerously low, "Where is Ren?"

With a patronizing look, Sol sighed and said, "I told you that that doesn't—"

He was cut off by Fett slamming her fist against the glass. It did nothing other than make her hand throb.

"Someone has a temper," Sol said amusedly as his eyes trailed down to her arm, sparking with interest, "Is that a real Mandalorian tattoo?"

Cassus followed his gaze to the Mandalorian war banner that marked her shoulder, forever showing her heritage. She jerked the short sleeve of her shirt down to cover it.