𝘷𝘪. 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ───────

CASSUS WAS JOLTED AWAKE by another shock to the torso. A shout forced its way through her gritted teeth, and breathing heavily, she glared up at the guards standing over her. Several more encircled her, but they were not facing inward. They all had their backs to her.

Then, she became aware of the dull roar of voices surrounding her. Countless prisoners swarmed outside of her circle of guards, many craning their necks to see her. Wherever they were was dark, but a few spotlights pointed down to one area out of her line of sight.

The two that towered over her reached down and gripped her arms. She fought once more, wrenching her arms away and lowering into the floor. This time, they both let go.

One of them turned to the outer circle of guards and called, "Get Koba."

A guard disappeared into the crowd and after a moment, returned with a tall figure. When it passed in front of the light, Cassus caught a glimpse of its silhouette. Her eyes bulged.

It was a male Wookiee. The great figure loomed over her, tilted its head, and let out a small growl. With one move, it reached down and gripped her forearm. Fett did not fight back this time, not wanting to lose a limb.

As the Wookiee dragged her through the crowds, the voices suddenly grew into shouting. Sporadic cries and curses peppered the air as the people shifted. No one noticed the Wookiee and the woman, their undivided attention remained on the area under the spotlight.

A few groans echoed through the crowd before swelling once more in volume. As she neared the point of the people's focus, an amplified but muffled voice sounded through the noise. The crowd closest to the center parted as the Wookiee dragged her through, and the reason for the gathering became visible.

A small platform was enclosed by bars and elevated slightly. The bright spotlights beamed on two males: a Togruta and a human. The pair circled each other tensely; one was bleeding from his nose and lip, and the other cradled his arm close to his chest.

This is a fight club.

She was shoved to the ground beside the platform and the guards retook their positions encircling her. Unable to see the fight, Cassus  could only rely on sounds. The fighters quickly returned to throwing punches. The harsh sounds of fists colliding and bones crunching met her ears and the crowd let out a combination of cheers and groans.

She glanced up towards her guards but did a double take at what she could see beyond them. One floor above the fight, several administrators and guards had gathered along a railing, watching the fight. Occasionally, they would pass pouches of money or tap on their holopads.

They're betting on these fights, Cassus thought in disgust.

Abruptly, the crowd exploded into noise as they cheered and booed. Fett caught a glimpse of a pair of fists raised in the air in victory. The shape of a limp figure being dragged away passed by.