𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘪. 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦

───────  ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

─────── ⋆ ☾ ⋆  ───────

"WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF THESE UNIFORMS," Cassus said as they walked down the bustling streets of Mos Eisley.

They had abandoned their ship in a nearby port, aggravating the port overseer. Fortunately, they were at the exit before the short creature gave a shout of realization upon seeing the unauthorized ship.

Kylo Ren squinted against the harsh sunlight as he followed her; the lack of sleep made the severity of the light even stronger. Next to him, Greer tugged the ragged coat tighter around her shoulders; Cassus had snatched it from the overseer's post as he left his seat.

"Haar-chak," a nearby voice grunted. Cassus's head snapped toward the man who had stumbled into an alley between two sandstone buildings. Two figures followed him, not bothering to help him pick up the sacks that he had dropped.

"You're dead, Hark," spoke one of the figures.

Ren went to place a hand on Cassus's arm and urge her on, but she brushed him off.

"Cass--" he muttered as she instead moved toward the alley. They did not need a fight; they needed to lay low.

Blasterfire rang out and Ren cursed. But it was not Cassus's blaster.

The fallen man smirked as both of the assailants dropped; the muzzle of a blaster peaked out from under his ragged cloak.

"He's fine, Cassus," Ren sent, "We should be going."

Cassus ignored him, taking a step toward the man. She nodded to him. "You're a Mando."

He--Hark--eyed her suspiciously. "What makes you think that?"

"Do you have a habit of cursing in random languages?" Cassus asked, raising a brow, "I know Mando'a when I hear it."

She raised her sleeve up to reveal the Mandalorian war banner on her arm, and the man visibly relaxed, his tense features giving way to a genial smile.

Stepping forward, he offered a hand to Fett. "Varis Hark," he said, "Clan Hark, House Vizsla."

Cassus accepted the hand with a smile, shooting the barest of glances to the pair at her side. "Lara Gev. Clan Gev, House Vel."

Scooping up his bags, Varis eyed Cassus and her companions, taking particular interest in their clothes. "What brings you to Mos Eisley?"

"There are people after us."

Kylo Ren gave Cassus an incredulous look. "Why are we telling him this?"

"Relax," she shot back, "We can trust him."