|40|~The Chase Down~

Start from the beginning

Out of nowhere, two servants appear. They are both carrying plates that are stacked with pancakes, lots and lots of pancakes that are drenched in thick maple syrup. Hmm, they look delicious and smell so good! I almost think about telling her to stop. Goddess, I'm so greedy! Food is a distraction. At least, it is a distraction to my human side but thankfully my wolf is able to avoid the booby trap. Instead, she slides through the gap in between the two, causing the both of them to slip and the plate filled with mouthwatering pancakes comes crashing down.

"There goes a perfect breakfast, it's such a waste," I say to my wolf.

"So," she says, continuing on with her run. "It's nighttime anyway, who eats pancakes at night?"

"I don't know but maybe we should find the kitchen and hide there," I suggest, but this time she doesn't respond. My wolf just keeps on running. She runs down the second flight of stairs with a wide smile plastered across our face as she catches a glimpse of the front door.

"Yes, we are almost free. Do you see this, Embry? Once we are out of that front door, it's game over. Now, who can't escape him she says, feeling rather accomplished...until the front door goes flying open and two very terrifying looking vampires come storming through the door.

I really don't have time to truly take in their features because their bloody appearance stills the show. That's right, they are both drenched in blood from head to toe. One of them is carrying a gun and the other one is carrying a tiny and fragile looking human inside his arms.

Oh, my Goddess! The human is also drenched in blood. Matter of fact, she appears to be bloodier than both of them. The poor thing is covered in so much blood that I cannot identify any of her physical traits except her distinguishing golden blonde hair. That still somehow manages to shine brighter than the early morning's desserts sun, even in its dire state.

As soon as the smell of her blood hits my nostrils I force my wolf to come to a complete halt, the stench of death that surrounds the three of them is so strong that it distracts me. Most importantly, it distracts my wolf to the point that she trips over our own two feet. Then, she goes flying down the expensive royal blue and gold thick layered rug with a loud thud.

"Ouch!" growls out my wolf as she gives the rug a frustrated fist pound before pulling us from up off the floor.

Not even a full second goes by before one of the vampires, carrying the gun appears right in front of me. The first thing I notice is that he is an extremely handsome vampire with pale blonde hair and chilling crystal blue eyes. Before my wolf can react he lifts us up high in the air by our neck and the hatred inside of his l blue eyes causes me to shiver. He is that threatening.

"Who the fuck let the dog off its leash," he growls while squeezing down onto my neck so hard. That it feels like he is crushing my windpipes.

"Get you're fucking hands off her," is the last thing I hear before the vampire snaps my neck with a flick of his wrist.