|40|~The Chase Down~

Comincia dall'inizio

"My apologies Embry but, " Cyrus attempts to say. However, before he can complete his sentence my wolf slams our foot hard and fast down onto his big toe. Then, she doesn't waste any time taking off running.

Ouch! I know that hurt. The heels to these boots that Cyrus sent me are big, bulky, and chunky. Almost instantly, I feel bad.

"Don't be," growls my wolf. "That little sting that he felt isn't even close to the pain that he caused us," she expresses her point of view, and once again I must admit that she has a point.

"Embry," Cyrus releases a deadly growl that is so loud..... I swear that it makes the entire estate shake but my crazy ass wolf doesn't care. Uh, uh! Not at all, she actually thinks it funny. Seriously, she's laughing inside my head, and she even has the nerve to smile. She is coo-coo!

"You're crazy," I tell her how I feel as she runs throughout the estate. She makes a left, jumps over the top of two approaching humans, and doesn't pause at all when we come in contact with the first flight of stairs of the grand staircase.

Nope! My crazy-ass wolf slides down the rail with no fear. I swear she is brave. Still crazy, but brave! She doesn't even know where she's going or even care about getting caught. Nope! She doesn't care at all. My wolf loves the thrill that comes with being chased. Do you see what I mean? She's crazy.

"You're right," she agrees. "We are crazy," We? Nope!

"Not I, you," I tell her. She's the crazy one. I'm actually quite sane, believe it or not. She is the one in control. I don't have anything to do with this.

"Liar," she calls me out. "Do I need to remind you that you're the one who distracted him?"
I open my mind up to respond but then close it because once again she is right. "Whelp, you got me there," I start to say, only to be cut off by a very scary life-threatening growl.

"Stop her, "angrily growls my mate from the top of the grand staircase... Uh, oh! Okay, his growl actually did shake the house up this time. Here comes trouble, I think to myself as every single vampire soldier's eyes glow red and then begins to chase after us.

Once again my crazy ass wolf burst out laughing as the first vampire soldier dives to catch us, "You snooze you lose, sucker." She playfully screams while jumping over the top of his head. Obviously caught off guard the soldier loses his focus and runs straight into the group of soldiers following behind us, causing a Big Boom!

"Boom! Down they go like a stack of dominoes," laughs out my wolf, while all the king soldiers collide and slip down the hallway in unison. Ha! Ha! Ha! I can't help but laugh at that. She's hilarious. The humans that we pass scream to the top of their lungs and dives out of our way. This entire scene is epic.

For about five more minutes, my wolf continues to dodge upcoming vampires and avoid tramping over humans all in one. This estate really is much bigger than it looks, but that doesn't stop my wolf from pumping our legs as fast as we can go. These red-eye monsters have nothing on us.

Now, here goes Gutter Butter! "What is he going to do," question my wolf.

"Absolutely nothing," I giggle as he attempts to grab onto the collar of Cyrus' shirt, but my wolf is two steps ahead of him. She quickly moves left and then right, like how the male wolves do back at home when they are playing a friendly competition of wolf's ball. Then, she swiftly jumps in the air, forcefully pushes the top of his head, and lands down in front of him.

"It's called vamp slam dunk," she teases as Gutter Butter loses his footing and falls flat on his face." Were up one," my wolf calls out, "No! Were up some," I correct, while almost mentally dying from laughter. Awe, man! We haven't had this much fun since we were just a pup.