『 Chapter 1 』

"I don't want to talk about this right no-... No!... We can talk about this late-... Okay!... Alright... Ugh, I said okay!... Bye."

Lauren groaned ignoring the stares she got from others on the street. She shoved her phone in her back pocket as she proceeded to walk to the mall, only for one good reason. Lauren hates the mall, she hates the crowds of people, she hates shopping, the only good thing in this mall is one specific restaurant. It was a family-based Cuban restaurant. It was barely ever busy, which was surprising because it was in THE MALL.

Lauren has formed a bond with the family as she comes and visits so much. It's nice for her to get away from her busy schedule and just relax, order some food, and get away from life for a while.

Lauren's legs were killing her at this point, maybe it wasn't the best idea to walk to the mall today. She could have taken an uber but she thought it was a nice day to take a stroll. Wrong. The nice breezy weather turned into boiling. Thanks, Orlando.

Finally, Lauren got inside the mall, and she let out a sigh of relief as she felt the chill of the air hit her body. Lauren walked to the small restaurant near the end of the mall and greeted one of the son's. He was younger, around seventeen maybe, he had short light brown hair, his eyes were dark-colored brown. He worked at the cash register with a smile always on his face.

"Just you today, Miss Jauregui?" He asked, greeting her with the all too familiar smile.

"Just me, Luis. And you know you can call me Lauren." Lauren smiled back at the younger boy. She felt her phone vibrate her butt and she pulled it out, carefully walking to the table she always sat at. The Castillo family joked about putting a sign saying 'Lauren Jauregui's Table' as she occupies the specific table so much.

Lauren looks at the phone notification and sighs. She put her phone down as she ordered then went back to the text. Dinah was just complaining once again about Lauren's girlfriend. Dinah went over to Lauren's apartment to talk to, well, Lauren. But she was met with the other brunette, the one Dinah despises. Dinah kept questioning why she was at Lauren's apartment and not her own. Lauren just rolled her eyes and would text her back later, this was her only time to relax and enjoy herself.

Lauren ordered just water as she waited upon the arrival of her food. She was enjoying the cold beverage, the temperatures cooling down her hot body, even more, it was perfect.

Lauren looked up and saw the number of people forming outside. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows at all the sound, and all the people now wanting to enter the restaurant. As said previously, this restaurant was never full. Maybe it was a big family or a group event. Whatever it was, Lauren shrugged it off and went on her phone.

Eventually, the sounds started to quiet down, thank God, Lauren prayed in her head.

Leta, one of the older sisters, brought Lauren out her food. "Enjoy!" She said with a bright smile, one that was almost identical to Luis' smile. This family was always so happy and put together, Lauren wishes she knew what that was like...

Lauren looked up from her meal, the crowd now disappeared, except a few people lingering around. There was a shorter girl with wavy brown hair, Lauren felt a weird instinct on something, but she couldn't put her finger on it. That was until the short girl turned a bit, revealing half her face to Lauren.

"Camila?" Lauren breathed out, more to herself than anything.

Lauren felt her heart drop in her stomach. She hasn't seen her in years, six years to be exact. All the memories suddenly hitting Lauren faster than she would have liked.

All the feelings, and the looks that were quite too long to be just friends, all the pain. Especially when Camila never responded to Lauren again. Lauren felt so hurt, she waited and waited upon Camila's next text... It never came. Lauren would always check her phone every time she got a notification, a little piece of hope in her that it would have been the girl she loved. After a few months, she finally stopped expecting the text. The feelings for the younger girl were harder to get over. She waited for every day that maybe she would show up again, that her parents would let her come home.