33. Tattoos & Suspicions

"Why did you tell me to do that?" Taehyung was now in Jimin's office, too afraid to be talking to him in his own

"She really said that?" Jimin was just as confused as Taehyung.

"Things were fine the way they were, why did you make me go and ruin everything?" he groaned again, hiding his face in his hands, "What the fuck Jimin? I never get into relationships; why did you think this was a good idea? I would have been A-okay with just being with her and not having a label."

"I'm... I'm sorry Tae," he sighed, reaching out for his friend's shoulder. Jimin was convinced there was something up, however. While he didn't know Jiah that well, he knew she felt the same way Taehyung did for her.

When he thought about it, nothing made sense.

"Dude," Jimin's voice was firm as he squeezed his best friend's shoulder, "You are the Kim Taehyung. This isn't going to make you waver. You are many things, but you aren't the kind of person to let this affect you. You're going to go back into your office and get on with your work. This is nothing compared to who you are."

Taehyung heaved a deep sigh, looking up at Jimin, "Yeah, you're right."

"Get up," he obeyed, and Jimin kicked Taehyung's butt before he headed for the door, "Go get 'em, Tae."

Taehyung didn't turn around to say goodbye, just shook his head at himself.

It was only a couple of days ago where Jimin could see the sun in his best friend's eyes as he thought about Jiah. Now it was so much worse; there was still sun in his eyes when Taehyung talked about her, but it was hiding behind a cloud of humiliation, of insecurity, of confirmed doubt.

Jimin knew the reason Taehyung stuck to one night stands instead of relationships. Taehyung hates when people see the vulnerable side to him - he likes the idea of loving someone without the restraint of having to pour his heart out to them.

But he knew Jiah had pulled that heart right out of his ribcage, watered it with every movement she made, only to throw it at the ground and stomp all over it before she could watch the flowers grow.

Although, something about the whole situation made him a little uneasy. The feeling he had about Jiah didn't go away that first time he overheard her conversation on the phone.

But it was wrong to assume.

Should he just go and ask her directly?

He shook his head. He didn't have any grounds for any questions either.

Just suspicion over one phone call.

But the scary thing about Jimin was that when he assumed something, he was rarely wrong. Call him psychic, but he had some sort of gift.

He didn't ever act on his suspicions unless he had proof, though.

Opening his laptop, he directed his attention to his email inbox. Scrolling down to a couple months ago when he had emailed in about wanting to see the video footage of his penthouse corridor, he saved the file. He watched it a few times before, and from what he remembered, nothing seemed unusual enough to use for any kind of investigation.