Boundaries

Yasmine

"I have a boyfriend." I blurt out after the kiss.

What the hell is wrong with me? I finally get what I want, and I remind him that I'm not his.

I nearly face palm myself for being so stupid.

"My apologizes, it won't happen again." Hurt laces through his voice before he turns around, leaving me to feel as if a stone wall just knocked the wind outta me.

Gosh, I'm really am a true idiot. I finally get confirmation that Anthony doesn't see me as a sister and I tell him I have a gadamn boyfriend....

Wait.

I take time out to really absorb what just happen.

He kissed me...

Tears start to fall down my eyes as realize I just fucked up. Anthony, the man who I'm utterly in love with just kissed me and I immediately turn him down.

Wiping my tears away quickly, I get up and go after him. No way in hell am I about to lose the only good thing in my life.

Anthony

"Anthony," I hear her call out from behind me as I'm putting my shoes on.

"Where...where are you going?" She asks hesitantly.

As much as I hate distancing myself from her, I need to. I can't deal with the rejection. This shit fucking hurts.

"I'm going for a walk Yas. I need to clear my head."

I watch as she swallows hard, trying to keep herself together.

Shit I'm trying to keep myself together too. Right now I'm ready to throw her stubborn ass over my shoulder and claim her as mines. I don't care if she has a boyfriend. As far as I'm concern, he's non comparable to me. Plus he hasn't been there for her.

I have.

I've been there for Yasmine through thick and thin. I embrace her bad days, just like I embrace her good days. Even when she pms and tells me off for no apparent reason.

Sighing to myself, I grab my keys.

I must respect her boundaries despite how I feel or what I want to do, and right now her boundaries says she's taken.

"I'll see you later Yas," and with that I leave and close the door behind me.