Subtle Blush

Yasmine

I arrive at work on high alert. I took a sip of some smoothie Anthony made me for breakfast, to calm my nerves a bit.

I really need to stop thinking about what I saw the other day. Plus I'm safe....

No way anything could happen to me at this stage of my life. I won't allow it.

Making sure the front door is lock, I make my way to the back room. I begin working on some shipment, the manual labor should distress me a little.

An hour before the store opens, I hear the sound of my employees knock on the door. I unlock the door for them, and immediately lock it back once everyone is inside.

Sasha isn't here today. I gave her the day off. She's an amazing assistant to me and deserve some PTO time.

Looking around, I watch while my employees start getting the store ready to be open. My heart leaps in joy from looking at all of my accomplishments. At 27 I've manage to open up my own streetwear boutique, and actually design some of the pieces I carry in the store. I'm also a personal stylist who works with people who has trouble with their mental health. I love using fashion to help people. It brings joy to my heart knowing that I've blessed someone's life. The more love we spread on this earth, the better the earth will become.

Anthony

I sit back in a chair at a local coffee shop waiting for my client. I've finished everything he wanted done, and I'm meeting with him to show him the prototypes before I make the final prints for him.

Looking out the window, I can see Yasmine's store from where I'm sitting.

I know I should respect her space, but something been bothering her and I can't shake the feeling that's it's more serious than she lets on. Especially when she tells me to pick her up from work.

Yes, she asked me to pick her up from places before, but yesterday she said it like I'm picking her up from work until she tells me otherwise. Which causes me to think something is going on at her place of work. Which is also why I conveniently have my client meeting me at a coffee shop right across from Yas's store.

My client arrives and I show him the prototypes. To my surprise he doesn't want any changes made, and wants me to print out the finals as soon as possible. I tell him I'll have it all done for him tomorrow and to meet me back here at the same time.

He agrees.

Once he leaves, I order another latte. The waitress eyes roams up and down my body, an ordeal I'm pretty much use to by now.

Females love to have their way with their eyes when it comes to me. What bothers me is the fact that the only female I actually want to roam their eyes across me, will probably never do it.

Her eyes will always look at me with admiration and friendship.

Yasmine

Anthony arrives at my job in black sweatpants with a white tee, a semi causal dress jacket on, navy shoe boots, and his curly hair pulled back into a man bun.

Damn.

Why does he have to be so sexy without even trying? It's one of the things I've noticed about him when we were in high school. Anthony has a very sexy causal vibe to him that drives the females wild.

Shit, it's been driving me crazy for the last few years.

"Hey Yas," he nods my way.

"Hey Ant." I nod back with a smile. "Can you lock the door behind you please?"

Anthony helps me close shop. I'm so happy I've taught him how to help me count the safe and handle the store finances. It makes closing easier and quicker, because I have a second pair of hands and eyes that I trust with my life.

Anthony holds my hand as we walk the streets of Manhattan.

"So how was work?"

"It was good. I got a lot done today," giving him a quick glance and smile.

"That's good."

"How was your meeting with your client?"

"It went better than I thought it would. He didn't want any changes made. So I'm giving him the finals tomorrow."

I smile at him, "See Ant, I told you that you'll do great even with all the restrictions he gave you."

I watch as he blushes a little. Every time I give him a compliment he blushes. It's a subtle blush, but I catch it all the time.

"You need to stop doubting yourself Anthony. You're an amazing graphic designer."

"Yes ma'am."

_____________________

Hope you're enjoying Yas and Ant 💕