Deal - Intro

Yasmine

Weeks past, and Anthony remains near by but distant at the same time.

What's his problem? Can't he take a hint.

I slam my locker close and turn to head to my next class but somehow I land on the floor. Laughter immediately breaks out.

"Damn you got that ugly ass girl good Erica." I hear someone say.

Swallowing my feelings because nobody gives a damn about how I feel, I start collecting my stuff that fell.

High school needs to hurry up and end. I'm so ready to get the hell out of here.

"Are you ok?"

Great, now I have to deal with him.

"I'm fine," I say shoving my stuff into my bag.

Fixing my wig, I get up and brush myself off.

Getting ready to make my way pass him and on with my life, he walks in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

"Why don't you want to be my friend? I thought we hit it off with the whole pizza salad conversation."

Wow he gets straight to the point.

"I don't know you." My version of 'I don't trust you.'

"In order to know me we gotta start out somewhere."

I just look at him.

Seeing that I wasn't going to respond he continues.

"How about we become acquaintances, and then if we vibe well we become friends?"

I guess it would be nice to have some type of company in this hell hole, I think to myself as I consider his offer.

"I still don't trust you."

"Yeah I know," he says while moving out of my way. "And I know why," he declares before walking off and leaving me completely dumbfounded.