Passionate

Anthony

Dead in the middle of my work I start to get bored. My client is giving me alot of restrictions, but not giving me exactly what he wants. He doesn't even want color in the set I'm doing for him.

Pulling out a pen and paper, I look up at my inspiration. I watch as she works with her sewing machine, eyes scrunched together as she's deep in thought about what she's making.

Her phone lights up beside her and she quickly glances at the screen. Realizing who it is, she stops what she's doing and answers the phone.

"Hey Greg, how are you?
Hey hey hey, you are beautiful and strong. Let me hear you say it.
Good now, where are you?
Ok, I'm on my way to the shop right now."

I smile. My Yas is always putting people before her.

She looks up at me.

"Be safe," I say.

"I will Anthony," she says rolling her eyes playfully at me before leaving the room.

Looking down at my paper, I wrote the word passionate.

****

It's 5:30pm and Yas is still not back from work yet.

Leaving our office, I make my way to our brick wall kitchen. It's one of the first features I don't like about this apartment. Yasmine however loves the expose brick. She says it gives the place character and texture.

Smiling again from the thought of her, I open the fridge and pull out some food for dinner tonight.

Yasmine

The smell of Shrimp Alfredo hits my nose as soon as I open the door.

"Mmmm," I moan, "My favorite."

"You're doing it again," Anthony chuckles as he takes my purse and keys from me.

"Doing what?" I question as I continue to enjoy the scent of my favorite dish filling the room.

"The thing where you stop what you're doing, close your eyes, and moan when you smell something good."

"Oh," my eyes flies open.

Damn it. I did do it again.

"I didn't even realize that my eyes were even closed."

"Too caught up in the haze?" He asks.

I look at him, studying his face. His hazel eyes, his freckles that takes homage on his whole entire face, and his beautiful long black curly hair that he currently has pulled back into a bun made by heart melt.

Shit.

My panties are getting so wet right now. Who in the world told my best friend to be so damn fine?

"What made you decide to make my favorite meal?" I ask while doing my best to not focus on my bodily response to him.

"You had a long day."

"But I always have long days at work or doing work."

"I know, but I feel like today you really need this." Anthony takes my hand and leads me to the table. He pulls out the chair for me as I take a seat.

He's right. I do need this. Today turned out not how I expected it to.

Letting out a deep breathe, I look down at the food before me. Taking a forkful of shrimp alfredo, I blow on it and scoop it in my mouth.

Damn I love it when he cooks, even though he does all of the cooking. Still his food is amazing, just like him.

Anthony