34. Doom Moon 2 - The Sewers

Beginne am Anfang

Flora went back to the sewers and found an intersection big enough to pull the treasure chest with the mannequin routines from her inventory.

"Aidan, remind me to build a smaller chest for narrow tunnels with a few essentials. Prio C."

After a few tries, Flora found an m-route in which Mnoder cast Kinetic Blast.

The spell felt similar to Magical Push. The difference was that you cast push directly on the subject or object you wanted to push, while Kinetic Blast, propelled the energy from the caster in the direction of the object.

At Flora's first attempt, the energy fizzled out before it hit the target, her sleeping bag. She focussed on concentrating the blast, and the second try was successful.

You gained the skill: Kinetic Blast.

You learned the skill without guidance: + 1 OV to the skill.

"That was too easy," Flora said, dumbfounded. "Next!"

Again, Flora watched the m-route for the spell.

This time, she had problems squeezing her sleeping bag evenly. When she increased the pressure on one side, the bag rolled away because she was too slow to counter-push it on the other side.

"Aidan, is there a spell for squeezing fruits in the household book?"

Aidan taught it to her.

You gained the skill: Magical Squeeze.

Adjusting the spell with the more martial feeling she got from the m-route, Flora succeeded in learning Energy-Choke.

You gained the skill: Energy-Choke.

You learned the skill without guidance: + 1 OV to the skill.

Next, Flora tried kinetic Storm. There was a routine where Mnoder cast an area effect, but Flora couldn't distinguish if it were Kinetic Storm or Energy Storm. It looked like distortions in the time-space continuum. Flora couldn't wrap her head around it and decided to skip it for now.

The difference between Kinetic Shield and Force Field wasn't evident, as well. At least Mnoderer cast the shield multiple times, so Flora had enough examples to get a grip on the spell.

You gained the skill: Force-Field.

You learned the skill without guidance: + 1 OV to the skill.

Lady Mnoder did some nice stunts with it. She could deflect blaster shots, and when she coated her plasma sword with the spell, she could even parry.

The next spell on the list was Kinetic Stride. The theory behind it was easy, just augment your walk with extra energy.

Flora tried first to push herself telekinetically then to pull herself to a destination. The first approach felt like a bully shoved her from behind. The second was similar to her experience on the Trail of Worlds. It felt like the bully tugged her by the umbilical cord to him.

After a few attempts, she found the right balance.

You gained the skill: Kinetic Stride.

You learned the skill without guidance: + 1 OV to the skill.

-----------

You gained the class: Kinetic Mage.

Class: Kinetic Mage

Branch: Magic

Passive: +1 Training efficiency modifier for resistance/affinity psychokinetic