47 - Janvi's Parents

Start from the beginning

I am a few meters away from our office, but I see our office which is visible to me clearly due to its height. But it's not good.

It's on fire.

The whole area is dark but the building is making everything visible due to its fire. Even from a distance, I could see the thick grey smoke blowing into the skies. The once black sky is now shielded with a veil of darkness as the smoke swallows up the whole sky. Even at a distance, I could feel the blazing heat is forcing me to back off.

Adi. I want to go to my Adi.

I opened the car door and got down to run to our firm. I ran like I am a participant in a marathon, even though I am struggling with my saree, I can't stop running.

Once I reached the building, I see Adi standing still seeing our building. Fire is escaping from various buildings but many are in rescue to stop it.

Many are rushing here and there to stop the fire to other buildings. And many are in rescue to stop the fire. Frequently I hear exploding sounds inside it making a big fire come out of the building.

But he stood still not even moving an inch from his spot. Tears rolled down my cheek seeing him like this. I can see mom, dad, and Bhai standing there at the nook of the street. Mom is crying hugging dad, dad is on the verge of crying. Bhai is conversing with someone through the phone but he is calm. I moved my gaze to My Adith who stood emotionless.

I took slow strides with tears in my eyes and heart. Once I neared him I hesitantly took my shaking hands to place on his shoulder slowly. He stiffened and slowly turned to me. Once he saw me, he wiped my tears with his thumb and moved his gaze back to the building.

"It's burned to ashes Janvi," he said in a normal complexion.

I hugged him on his chest and sobbed hardly in his arms, hugging me back he rubbed my back to soothe me.

"Don't cry Janvi. It's just a building with stones and some papers in it" he said casually.

I am shocked to the core hearing his reply. How can he be so calm and composed?

"It's yours and Dad's hard work Adi, how can you speak like you don't care about it?"

"It's our hard work I won't decline it. But you know this building got old, I want to build a new one in this place, so now I can do it happily" he said with a smile.

Is this man for real?

Or am I hearing wrong?

It's like he has something going in his head. He is talking like it's not a big deal for him. He just wants to let it go and start a new part from it. What confusing me more is his calm nature which is not a simple thing to let go of. Why am I not understanding what's going on around me?

"Adi, are you concealing something from me?" I asked with a doubtful thought.

He looked down at me with a small smile, "nothing Jaan, I will tell you about it soon" he said.

But I can't accept whatever happens around me. It's not right what Vihaan had performed.

What if someone died? How can he stoop so low for revenge? I want a reason for his doings. Even though I might have done mistakes, it's not a way to break me. What did Adi do to receive this punishment? You have to answer me Vihaan. Anger boiled inside me.

We stayed there until 2 in the morning until everything settled down. But still, reporters are not ready to leave the place.

Once we get back to our home we directly went to our room as I am hell tired not only my body also my mind too. I never thought I would have such a good and bad birthday.