29 - Be Happy

Janvi pov

All I now feel is empty.

I am walking like a dead woman.

"Janvi" I heard a happy voice.

Adith's mom and dad are there with a smile on their face.

I smiled seeing them and went to them.

"How are you mom?" I asked her hugging.

"Good Maa. You?"

"Good mom," I said looking down.

I touched dad's feet and take his blessing.

"You don't have to do it Janvi, you are our daughter"

I smiled at him. I am surely an unlucky fellow. Mom introduced me to many of her friends. They grinned at me, as they are seeing their daughter.

"Mom, Dad" Adith appeared and hugged them tightly.

"Idiot, you left your wife alone" mom scolded him.

"I went to talk with some businessman mom. Now I am here" he said looking at me.

"Yes don't ever leave her" threatened dad.

He nodded slightly. He will leave me, dad, like all did.

"Adith, how are you, naughty boy?" Asked one of mom's friends.

"Am I dreaming? Angel, how did you come here? I thought I will die before seeing you at parties" he said adding "And I am fine"

"Yes, why not. That too when you get someone as Janvi as your wife" she said. His smile faded.

"Yeah" he managed with a forced smile.

"If you don't mind can I have some word with my wife?"

"Sure, why are you asking my permission. She is all yours" she said giving him a smirk.

He dragged me out of the door to the garden. Again to the garden?

Once we reached the corner where no one can see us as it's dark. He pushed me away from him.

"why the hell did you tell them that you are my wife?" he whisper yelled at me making sure his voice didn't reach anyone other than me. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Answer me you useless" he yelled again after getting no response from me.

"They don't want me to say that I am their daughter and you..." I swallowed hard to not show my pain out and continued "...don't want me to say I am your wife then what should I introduce myself?" I said to him in a calm voice.

He distanced himself from me and watching me keenly and again come closer to me " say you are an orphan" his whisper clearly is shattering me but he is smiling with a evil smirk. I watched him calmly I want to yell at him, shout at him, scream that 'I am not an orphan', but I won't.

I lowered my head as tears started to form in my eyes giving no respect to my silent pleadings, I can't show it to him making me more weak in his eyes. Controlling my tears I raised my head and stared directly at his eyes with emotionless look mirroring him and nodded my head with a small whisper "okay" and made then I made my way towards the exit with thousands of voices pestering me with questions.

Am I an orphan?

Even with several people's around me? How long should i have to go through this pain?

Is love too far away from me?

I started to walk on the road leaving the party in mid, not knowing where to go.