47 - Janvi's Parents

Janvi pov

I have been waiting for more than 3 hours for Adi. Mom, dad, and bhai left after cutting the cake. I want him near me when I cut the cake, but unfortunately, it didn't happen. We waited for an hour for him but got no trace of him so mom convenience to cut it.

Even though I am surrounded by 3 peoples, I still feel lonely when he is not with me. After that, they all left as dad and bhai want to go somewhere important. I am still in the saree mom gave me, I just want to know about him.

His phone is switched off for the past 3 hours. I hope nothing happened wrong. Thinking of something again happen to him is eating me alive. I need to know he is safe and good.

I tried to call him again,

'The person you are trying to re....' I cut the call in frustration and dismay.

The next second I cut the call, I received a call that too from Vihaan. My hands start to shake up.

Please, Adi, be alright. I murmured again and again with fear to attend the call. Whenever he tries to contact me, I always receive bad news. He always makes me sweat in fear with his revenge and anger on me.

I attend it with fear and still, my hands are shaking.

"He..hello" I stammered.

"Happy Birthday Janvi" came his cheerful voice.

"Than....thanks" I sputtered lowly.

"So do you like my gift and I think you are happily enjoying your birthday?"

He asked making me confused. What does it mean? Did he send me something? Or did he do something that hurt me? But he said he won't hurt me.

Then it strikes me. He did something to my Adi? No. He can't.

"What are you speaking? Did you do something to Adith?" My voice came hoarsely.

"Ohhh means your husband didn't say anything to you?"

Did Adi hide anything from me? Is it why he went away due to something which is because of me?

"I take this silence as yes. And something bad happened to you, Mrs. Dev. "

"What are you talking about Vihaan? Please don't do something to my Adi, I will do whatever you ask me to. But please don't hurt him, I beg you" I cried begging him.

"Don't cry" he shouted making me flinch in fear.

After a few seconds, he became silent, I cried silently waiting for him to say something.

"I said stop crying" he now said softly but I can sense there is still anger in his tone.

You are not a bad man Vihaan. I made you like this.

"Save your tears when you reach your office," he said with full of anger, and cut the call. What does he mean by the office?

I quickly went out wiping my tears and get into one of the cars and drove to our office. Don't let anything happen to anyone I prayed silently. My tears never stopped, which made blur visions making me difficult to drive. But with much difficulty, I arrived there.

But it's not what I wanted to see. It's not what I prayed to be alright. I want it to be a dream and wake up soon. I don't want to see the scene in front of me even in my dreams.

I just want someone to wake me up.

Someone's horn pulled me out of my position making me realize it's not a dream, it's real.