CHAPTER: 38 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-2)

TWAS A DOUBLE UPDATE!

Please check if you've read the previous chapter to continue with this one.

Thank you!

******************************************

Someone was knocking the door.

And Laiba could hear that in her sleep, three quick raps followed by a pause. She frowned, eyes still closed, her senses slowly coming back to her. And when the person behind the door knocked again, she was up, fully awake. She looked down at herself and realised she had, as usual, slept on the mussalah again. She shook her head and rose up to her feet, adjusting her hijab as she made her way towards the door.

Laiba opened the door and found Areesha standing in front of her, clad in a pink and white pyjamas, her hair perfectly straight, falling on her shoulders as she stood with her hands crossed.

It was almost unbelievable how someone could look that gorgeous straight out of bed.

"Laiba." She said, sounding as if she was relieved to see her, "I hope I didn't disturb you." She said,  her eyes moving and scanning the room behind her.

"Um, no," She tried to smile, feeling uncomfortable about her checking the room. "Not at all." She assured.

"Is Aariz there??" She asked, looking back into her eyes.

Laiba nodded, "He's sleeping. Do you want me to wake him up?" She asked, not sure if she wanted to do that.

"No." She shook her head, "I'm here for you." She appraised.

"For me?" Laiba pointed a finger at herself and raised an eyebrow.

Areesha bobbed her head, "Yep. Follow me." She commanded before walking away, her hair bouncing on her shoulders behind her.

Laiba took a deep breathe, guessing what was about to come. She glanced back at Aariz who was sound asleep on the bed before carefully shutting the door behind her.

Areesha kept walking, her pink fur slippers making soft sound against the wooden floor and she followed her sister-in-law, down the pathway. They passed several rooms in silence before she stopped at one.

Turning knob and pushing the door open, Areesha disappeared into the room, leaving the door ajar for her to get in.

Laiba quietly followed her inside.

"Close the door."

She obliged and turned to face her, mentally preparing herself for the questions that she knew she would be asked.

Moving those strands of hair away from her face and tugging them behind her ears, Areesha leaned against the study table and just stood quietly, staring out of the window.

While they both bathed in silence, Laiba took the chance to look at the room which was too spacious, fully carpeted, a queen-like poster bed with white chiffon curtains, a princess-like humongous vanity table, a throne-like single sofa, old fashioned lamps at the bedside table and two large cupboards.

"Dad told me he spoke to you?"

Laiba snapped her head back at Areesha who had spoken up, still staring out of the window, face blank.