CHAPTER: 74 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-20)

The night, which had begun to feel like a fairytale had now turned into a nightmare for Laiba.

Her father had left her traumatized on the road. She was seated in the middle of the street with her hands wrapped around her legs, hugging herself tightly, her entire body trembling with fear, her beautiful dress; a muddy mess, her body covered in sweat and her cheeks wet with continuous tears streaming down her face. Her head was aching with the amount of emotional stress her mind was going through. Her heartbeats had turned weak and her body was limp with exhaustion.

She was mentally and physically spent.

Until last month, Laiba had prayed every day, day and night, for her father to accept her back in his life.

She had prayed to be back home someday.

Despite knowing there was only degradation and all sorts of abuse waiting for her in her father's house.

Despite living a more than comfortable life with Haider Ahmed and Sarah, she had always known it wasn't where she belonged. She was aware that Sarah wasn't her sister, Haider Ahmed was not her father and Ahmed Residence was not her home.

Despite being treated the worst, she never stopped seeing her father's house as her home.

She never forgot Hayat Hussain was her father and she was his daughter.

She never forgot who she was and where she came from.

If her father had come to her a month ago and asked her to return home, she would have given up everything, packed her bags and left with him. No questions asked.

But now, everything had changed for her.

She wasn't that girl anymore who was living at her best friend's house, waiting for her father to take her back.

She was married.

She was someone's wife.

She had a home.

And a family.

Moreover...

She was...

She was...

Laiba hugged herself tighter and began crying again.

Her head, her heart, her chest, every inch of her body was aching.

She didn't have the strength to fight it anymore.

She wanted to scream and tell somebody that she was in love with Aariz and there was no going back from it.

There was no denying that every time he looked at her, she felt seen.

There was no denying that every time they spoke, she felt heard.

There was no denying that every time he was around, she felt the safest and the most protected she had ever been.

Somewhere along the way, everything he did and said to her, had begun making sense to her.

And every time he held her hand, it meant something to her.

Somewhere along the way, she had begun trusting him with herself.

And every time he peeled open a layer of her, she met someone she never knew existed within her.

He was resurrecting the parts of her that never had the chance to be born.

Every morning, she woke up with her heart, which was nothing but a graveyard of desires before it met him, beating with anticipation to see him.

To see him fearlessly live his life.