CHAPTER: 63 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-9)

Assalamualaikum lovelies

Have fun:)

***********************************

The Othmans ended the ceremony as quickly as they could and returned to the Haveli.

All the guests had left and the only ones left were the workers who were winding up remnants of the night. A maid informed them that Areesha had already gone to bed and didn't wish to be disturbed. Bidding their goodnights, the rest of them resigned to their chambers too.

Except for, Mr and Mrs Faheem Othman.

Back on their way to the groom side, Faheem Othman had handled his wife by requesting her to not cause any scene for the sake of their daughter and assured her that they would talk about it after the ceremony.

And now, they were in the drawing room of the Haveli, Faheem Othman seated on the single sofa by the hearth and Zainab Othman standing at a distance from him, demanding an explanation.

"What have you done?" Zainab was hurt, confused and angry at the same time.

************************************

Aariz was scanning his closet for a specific pair of Pajamas when Laiba came and stood behind him.

"Aariz." She called his name, clasping her hand in front of her.

Aariz stopped rummaging and turned his head towards the intruder.

"Yeah?" He gave her a once over.

She had taken off her hijab but was still clad in white anarkali and red chaddar,draped on her shoulders. She had stripped all the make up off her face, discarded her jewelleries and had let her hair loose on her shoulders.

"I didn't like what you did today." She had done a lot of thinking and had finally decided to confront him.

Keeping his eyes glued to her, he turned his body around so that he was completely facing her. 

"What did I do this time?" He perked up his brows in question, sliding the closet door shut and leaning against it.

Laiba braced herself and spoke the words that she had rehearsed in her head at least a hundred times.

"You used me." She alleged him, her voice dropping a notch.

Puzzled, he narrowed his eyes and crossed his hands over his chest, waiting for her to elaborate.

"I don't know how else to put it but I don't wanna be a part of your games." She announced, "I didn't like it when you used me to get back at your mother and I didn't like it when you took advantage of our relationship to make," She paused and swallowed, remembering the stares she had received from Meher, "-your ex jealous." She forced herself to finish the words.

Aariz was patiently listening to her until she brought up Meher. That was when she lost his interest.

He scowled, "Are you serious right now?" He was pissed.

"I'm just saying I'm not okay with it." She enunciated.

"I wasn't trying to make anyone jealous." He deadpanned.

"She was staring at us the whole time." She insisted.

"Everyone was staring at us, FYI." He counter-replied.

"It was different." She gulped.

"She's my ex. Of course, it was different." He argued, "How is it my fault?"