CHAPTER: 84 | LILAC SKY (PART-1)

When Handal revealed the truth to her father, he flew into a rage, hurling objects at her and menacingly warning her never to show her face to him again. Handal should be grateful to Aariz because, had it not been for him disabling him, her father might have killed her in his furious state, if only his bones were intact.

Zeeshan had to save her and bring her out of there and now she was seated in one of the chairs in the hospital corridor, weeping and sobbing intensely, as if mourning a death, while her mother stood beside her, attempting to soothe her as though she were a crying toddler.

Zeeshan felt no sympathy for them. The mother and daughter deserved worse than Hayat Hussain's wrath for what they put Laiba through over the years. He was sure Allah would take care of it, because when Allah takes revenge for hurting His slaves, it's unparalleled.

For now, his job was done.

He slipped out of there and texted Aariz.

Z: Where are you?

A: With Laiba.

Z: How'd it go?

A: All good.

A: Did Handal tell him the truth?

Z: She did.

Z: Now get me out of here.

A: Get a cab.

Z: 🤨

Z: You just got the girl and you're already ditching me?

A: Find yourself a girl and quit bugging me.

Z: 😑😑

A: Make sure she's not underage💀

Z: F*ck you!

★★★

"Laiba and I want to get back together," Aariz announced, catching his father off guard as he had been engrossed in a book.

Faheem Othman snapped his head up, removing his spectacles and shutting the book in surprise. "Really?" he exclaimed, his eyes gleaming with astonishment.

Aariz observed his father's unusual behavior, a bit confused as he displayed excitement and elation akin to that of a child. He thanked Allah loudly, hugged Aariz as if he had just won an Oscar, and promptly called the other elders to share the news, all the while offering encouraging pats on the back and rubs on the arms.

In a matter of minutes, the family had gathered in the study room. The elders wore expressions of sheer joy, while the children were brimming with excitement; Burhaan and Maha were literally performing the traditional bhangra dance, while Habeeba clapped her hands with glee.

Aariz was completely unaware of how invested his family was in his life. He had no inkling that they were eagerly anticipating his reunion with Laiba. Their overwhelming reactions left him bewildered; it felt as though they were celebrating their marriage all over again. Uncertain of how to process it all, he turned to Zeeshan with a puzzled expression. Zeeshan responded with a shrug, his smile genuine and warm.

However, Aariz wasn't ready to celebrate just yet.

There was one last thing that he needed to deal with-her father.

Aariz had a conversation with Laiba, attempting to comprehend her father's behavior towards her. Based on all the details she disclosed, he could only come to the conclusion that her father was a psychopath because he had kicked her out of the house and was upset that she was living with Haider Ahmed and Sarah. He had disrupted her wedding before and now he was angry because he hadn't been informed about their marriage. He didn't approve of their nikah and thought it was invalid because he wasn't involved. He had threatened her, saying he would harm all of them if she didn't come with him that night, including Sarah and Haider Ahmed. And now he wanted her to divorce Aariz and marry the man of his choice.