CHAPTER: 15 | CONNECTING DOTS (PART-1)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!

Unedited chapter*
I would like to dedicate this chapter to __VeiledMuslimahh 😘😘
I just want to thank you for encouraging me and supporting me with your wonderful comments and votes in every single chapter of DID. You have been with me from the start and it really really means a lot to me. May Allah bless with everything you want for yourself and for everybody else in this world and hereafter. Ameen!

And again, Thank you. I love you and I mean it. Ummaaah😘😘😘

***************************************************

Aariz was at a fully furnished ultra luxury apartment on the 11th floor of a newly constructed building, which, his father was planning on gifting it to Zeeshan on his wedding. The thing was, Zeeshan was never planning on living separately. He didn't say that to his father though, for he was already done with the papers and payments. Telling him would have disheartened him and he didn't want to do that to his father right then. Moreover, it was a gift and Aariz supposed Zeeshan would respect it and would possibly change his mind.

Beside, the apartment was much nicer than what he had expected it to be.

Standing in the living room, with his left hand jammed inside his pants pocket, Aariz was immensely impressed. A quarter section of the right side wall was wholly turned into a magnificent inbuilt aquarium. He took a step forward towards it and placed his palm flat on the cold glass wall, mesmerised by the view of multiple fishes, of every kind and size, floating and flaunting inside the water. He leaned, bringing his face closer to the glass as he watched with keen fascination, his eyes glistening against the reflected light emitting from the inbuilt aquarium. A small smile creeped upto his face while he continued to gaze at the fishes, his eyes following them everywhere they swam. He bit his smile, feeling bliss and a sense of solace just by watching them. He always had a thing for aquariums but the scenario in front of him was entirely different. It was like a segment of ocean directly brought to home, imprisoned on the other side of the wall. The background, the colour of the water, that glittery white sand at the bottom mixed with pebbles and stones, all those lightings and all those colourful fishes were just amazingly, astonishingly, breath-taking beautiful.

"You like it?" Faheem Othman queried, walking and standing beside his son, watching his beautiful face glow like a moon against the lightings.

Aariz tore his eyes off of it to look at his father , "I love it, Dad." He confessed with a grin on his face, emphasising the word 'love'. "It's, no doubt, so far the best part in the whole apartment." He added with joyful voice, taking a step backward with his arms spread out in the air.

Faheem Othman chuckled, glad to see his son smiling like old times. It wasn't everyday he got to see him happy. It was heart-warming and time-stopping view for him. "Come on, there's something I want to show you." He beckoned, gesturing with his hand to follow him as he manoeuvred out of the living room.

Aariz obliged with a nod, his eyes taking in the entire apartment as he walked behind his father. They entered the dinning area and walked across the dinning table, passing the open kitchen and towards the balcony. He halted behind his father as the servant opened the sliding doors for them, unraveling the outstanding view of the balcony.

"Wow." He breathed out, stepping inside after his father. He wheeled around the furniture and stood by the balustrade, never once blinking. Fresh, cold breeze fanned his face as he gripped the metal railing, completely in a state of trance. The landscape of Dehradun he was envisioning from that balcony was nothing he had seen before. It wasn't the usual buzzing, hustling of the populated city he was so used to experience everyday. It was completely opposite, like he was looking at the other side of the city all together. He knew Dehradun was beautiful but to this extent? He didn't, until then.