7- Roman's POV

Thomas is finally, officially, in high school! I hopped in place a few times before rushing around my room to help Thomas get ready. Oh, this is going to be so cool! Just like High School Musical!

There was an excited knocking at my door. I opened the door to see Patton practically vibrating with excitement.

"Hey kiddo! Breakfast is ready!" Patton giggled.

"That's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" I grinned.

"I'm so excited!" Patton bounced a little, "is going to be like High School Musical!"

I nodded excitedly, "that's what I was thinking!"

"This expirience is not going to be like a teen Disney movie." Logan sighed.

"Yeah." Anxiety appeared in the hall, "it'll probably be awful and full of bullies and teachers that don't teach and homework-"

"Ugh, shut up!" I growled, adding on in a mumble, "stupid monochrome pest."

"Now kiddos," Patton stepped in, "even if high school isn't was we all dreamed of, it's still important."

"That is correct." Logan adjusted his glasses, "high school is imperative to development-"

"GUYS!" Patton shouted, "IT'S TIME!"

I grinned brightly, rushing out to the commons to help Thomas with his day.

~~time skip ~~

"Ugh this is so boring!" I said, slouching over the consol.

"Then be quiet and help me finish the work sheet." Logan sighed, focusing on the screen that showed whatever Thomas saw.

I groaned, "Why do I have to be here!?"

"Because for some reason you control Thomas's writing arm." Logan snapped.

"Now kiddos, let's just get the worksheet done." Patton spoke up from the kitchen.

I gave a long sigh. School was so boring.

"What if there was this mass event that gave people wings?" I wondered aloud.

Logan shrugged, "well our entire body would have to change. Our bones would have to be lighter-"

"We could make a nest by a waterfall like eagles!" I gasped, "then we wouldn't have to go to school! And find another nice winged person to settle down with!"

My daydream showed on the screen, real life fading into the background.

"Wait." Logan inturupted, making my daydream dissapear, "Why was the other winged person masculine? Morality! Why was the other winged person masculine?!"

Patton blushed as he stuck his head out, "u-um, I don't know? T-they just seemed... cute?"

"Oh dear, what if we're gay." Anxiety smirked from his seat on the couch, "what would Thomas's parents think? Would they disown-"

"Hush Nightmare Before Every Day!" I huffed.

Logan hummed, "I am unsure. But there is nothing inherently wrong with being gay."

"Plus that guy in the back-"I started.

"Oh but of course Thomas is straight." A sudden, new voice curled through the air.

I noticed Anxiety immediately tense. Patton jumped slightly and Logan just sighed.

"Deceit." Logan said, "how do you have any say in this?"

Deceit chuckled, appearing behind Anxiety, "I'm just protecting Thomas from some-"

He flicked Anxiety's hood up.

"-unpleasant ideas that would be forced upon him." He smirked, walking around to Patton, "I mean, isn't it against our religion to like other boys?"

"Actually that one line could have many different definitions that are not about homosexuality." Logan stated.

"Whatever." Deceit waved it off, walking over to me, "Roman, wouldn't being gay bash all hopes and dreams of having kids?"

"W-well..." I stammered.

Logan gave a slight shake if his head, "adoption?"

"Well." Deceit kicked the ground lightly, "what if we can't get married?"

"Then we'll move to Canada." Logan sighed.

Patton giggled, "I heard that they have rainbow crosswalks!"

I gasped, "that's awesome!"

The sound of a bell rang through the Mindscape.

"Great." Logan sighed, "we didn't finish the worksheet and now the day is over."

"We have enough time to finish it by tomorrow." Deceit smirked, sinking out.

Anxiety sighed and stood, "I'm going to my room."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "whatever. Let's just get home. Today was a nightmare."