5- Virgil's POV

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. The hoodie that Roman gave me slipped off one shoulder as I sat up.

"Kiddo?" Patton asked through the door, "I made you some hot coco, can I come in?"

"Yeah." I responded.

Patton opened the door, a steaming mug in his hand, "how are you feeling?"

I shrugged. Patton walked over and set the coco on the nightstand. He fixed my hoodie and handed me the mug.

"Its a little hot, so be careful." Patton warned, sitting on my bed.

I nodded, blowing on the drink before taking a sip.

"Thanks." I whispered, "it's really good."

Patton smiled and giggled, "Thanks kiddo. Are you settling in well?"

"I guess?" I shrugged, "Roman's a bit..."

"Much?" Patton guessed.

I smirked, "I was going to say rude and arrogant, but yeah."

Patton rolled his eyes with a small smile, "he's not all bad once you get to know him."

"If he doesn't kill me first." I scoffed, "he's pointed his sword at me enough times."

"He's protective of us." Patton said, "after Deceit and Remus discovered Thomas didn't like them, they started acting out. I told Roman to push them back so Thomas can be a good person. Logan said it wasn't a good idea and... Sometimes I think we should have listened to him."

I shook my head, "Deceit and Remus are bad. We can't let Thomas know about them."

"That's what Roman and I said!" Patton gasped, "Logan said that they would come back eventually, but while Thomas is a kiddo they should stay away."

"Thomas... how old is Thomas?" I asked.

"Oh, he's about fourteen, almost fifteen, right now." Patton said, "still too young to know about Deceit and Remus."

I sighed, "Roman thinks I should stay with them... doesn't he?"

"Yeah." Patton admitted, "but they hurt you and you don't deserve to be hurt, even if you are a dark side like them."

I just nodded. Patton rubbed my back, it felt nice.

"Hey kiddo," Patton spoke up gently, "if you're feeling up to it, do you wanna come out for dinner?"

I shrugged, "I dunno..."

"Well just think about it kiddo." Patton gave me a smile, "I gotta go cook."

I nodded as Patton left, closing the door behind him. Should I go to dinner? If I do, maybe Roman might be nicer to me?

I groaned and mumbled into my coco, "guess I'm going to dinner."