Roomba (Edited)

A fiery ball crash lands in your backyard. You go over and inspect it, only to find a fully functioning Roomba with a knife taped to the front of it.

What in the world is that?! I have had a horrible day. So, I thought I would make a wish on the shooting star I happened to notice outside my room. I didn't expect it to land in my backyard. Like seriously? I couldn't just make a wish! I haven't had a hard-enough day. Once the fiery ball actually crashes in my backyard I go over to inspect it. Once I get to the little crater it made I look inside and see a Roomba with a knife taped to the front of it.

It doesn't seem like it is still working. I wonder how it ended up falling out of the sky. I go to pick it up when suddenly it starts swinging the knife around. I jump away managing to not get cut. I stare at it as it works its way out of the crater. I don't know how it is able to do that. The one Roomba I had always got itself stuck in corners much less somehow be able to work its way out of a crater. I stare at it as it gets on flat ground. It turns around where the knife is facing me and seems to just stare back at me.

"I was just going to take you out of the crater, it would have been less work for you." I say as I roll my eyes and start to walk away. I don't know where that thing came from but it can stay out here for all I care. I don't have the patience for this today. Stuff always has to happen on the days that my patience is already thin."

I get to my sliding doors when I notice that it is following me. "Nice try, you get to stay out here." I say as I open the sliding doors and go to step through. "I appreciate the attempt to help me human but I prefer not to be touched." I jump in fright and look around, I don't see anything or anyone besides the Roomba.

"Yes, human it was me that spoke. Your kind knows us as Roomba's but actually we are here for your protection. We were sent down to protect certain households from terrible misfortunes. It just happens to be a bonus that we can vacuum. Something your kind never seems to have time for."

I stare at the Roomba thinking that I have completely lost it. I mean I knew the day was coming. I just didn't think it would happen so soon. I guess crazy granny was right. I was going to follow her footsteps. Oh, dear lord! My poor family. I'm still leaving this Roomba outside. I just don't want to deal with it. Besides I now have to make a game plan for my impending craziness. Make sure I have as many precautions in place as possible.

I shut my screen door and make my way back through my kitchen lost in thought. I stub my toe and go flying forward. I try to catch myself but was not successful as I land face first on the ground. I feel something under my leg. I turn and look and see the Roomba that no longer has a knife.

"Please be careful human. While I didn't feel anything, I'm sure that quite hurt you." My mouth drops as I gape at the thing that keeps talking to me. It did quite hurt but I am more focusing on my impending hospitalization. Then again, the seventy-two-hour psychiatric hold might be a nice vacation from all this nonsense.

Wait! How did it get in my house. "How?" I ask the Roomba as I get off of it and lean up against the wall. If I am going to converse with a Roomba might as well do it while sitting in the fetal position.

"I came in the house as you were staring off into space. You were mumbling about something but it was too quiet to make out what you were saying. You didn't even notice me come in. As to how I can converse, well I have always been able to understand humans. Actually, all of us have be able to for as long as I can remember. We also have our own language so it doesn't get caught by the humans. The only reason I am telling you this because I am in need of assistance. The plane I was in did not have the luggage secured and the door ended up opening. I'm not really sure how but to say the least everyone just lost their luggage. I was on my way to my designation for my mission. I need you to take a vacation. I will supply the money for the vacation along with the ticket. I just need a computer and for you to pack."

I nod, I mean I might as well before my psychiatric hold. I go and get my laptop, turn it on, and sign in. I put it on the ground in front of the Roomba. I leave and start packing my bags. I come back downstairs with a carry on and a backpack. At least it won't fall out of the plane again that way.

"Oh good, the flight is in thirty minutes so we need to go. Here is the ticket information." I see papers lying next to the Roomba. I drop the backpack and pick up the papers. However, it got this accomplished I do not know. The whole thing is just really weird. We get to the airport and somehow through security. I barely make it to the plane before they were going to shut the doors.

I ended up spending a week in Hawaii once I had gotten off of the plane. I made it to a hotel before I let the Roomba come out of my backpack. I never saw it again after that. I also didn't end up on a psychiatric hold so I guess the vacation was beneficial. My boss was mad I just up and left but who cares. All I know is I am never buying a Roomba willingly again. 

A/N:

This is very unedited. Please vote, enjoy, comment, and follow.

Thanks,

Marie