Evil Wizard (Edited)

You're transported to a fantasy world. You don't have any special powers, but being from our universe means magic doesn't work on you. At all. The evil wizard is really, really confused.

I fell in a well. I straight up fell in a well. How you might ask? Well I was walking, wanted to make a wish and forgot, about my feet. I can probably never do that again if I wanted to. It was pure clumsiness at its finest. I swear only I can be that clumsy. The real problem is that I have yet to actually hit something. I fell, saw a flash of light, and I am still falling. I don't think the well was very deep, but I am still falling. Actually, I know the well wasn't very deep. I should have hit something by now.

I see another flash of light and I feel ground under me. I look up and see the edge of the well, but it looks really close to where I am. I stand up and am just about a head away from the edge. I reach my arms up and pull myself out. I knew it wasn't that deep, I don't know why I was falling for so long. I dust myself off and go to head back to my house only to stop.

Everything is extremely different. The field is a vibrant green that almost seems to pop. Everything looks the same but brighter? It is obviously not my back yard anymore either. My house is gone and all of that awesomeness. Everything just seems brighter, I don't know where I am though. That should be freaking me out but I just feel peaceful.

I see a purple cloud on the horizon that seems to be coming straight for me. It isn't very big but it is a dark purple color. I get so caught up in staring at it that I forgot that it was coming straight for me. All of the sudden it lands in front of me and turns into a man with a whoosh of air.

I stare at the guy that looks like a stereotypical wizard. He has long white hair and beard. He has a black robe on with gold symbols and designs all over it. The guy has a similar matching wizard hat. I just stare at him and the longer I do that the angrier he seems to get. Finally, it seems to make him snap.

"Why are you still staring? You should be quaking in fear of the Great Evil Wizard Prox. Not staring at me in disrespect! I am afraid I will have to punish you now! I can't have this disrespect follow my great name. You shall live your life with a tail... a donkey tail!"

The wizard snaps his fingers as he mutters incoherent words. I see a puff of smoke that matched the cloud but keeps waiting for me to freak-out. I shrug my shoulders and turn around to walk away. The wizard yells in agitation at seeing I have no tail. I try to find my way back to the well maybe I can head home. "How dare you cast a counterspell! You will live out your life as a hippo!"

I hear the whoosh of smoke but nothing happens again. He gets frustrated and I hear him go "agh!" I hear him mumbling again and then I hear the whoosh. I hear him do this about five more times. I am just trying to walk back to the well. I didn't realize how far I have actually wandered; the bad part is I can't remember how I got here.

I manage to find my way back to the bright field. Now I just have to figure out where the well is. The wizard is still following me mumbling and sending puffs of smoke. I finally find my way back to the well. I turn around to see the wizard looking extremely mad. He has a bright red face to the point you can almost see the steam coming out of his ears. I sit down and lean back against the well. I kind of want to see how this plays out and if I need to make a quick escape I have that possibility.

I see him start pacing as he is racking his brain. A light bulb seems to go off every once in a while, in his brain. He then mumbles and does the purple smoke thing. Nothing happens and he starts the process all over again. Finally, after quite a while he looks at me and says, "Okay! Fine! I will play, how in the world are you doing this. Everything I can think of trying has not worked on you. I even did a spell that won't allow you to cast a counterspell. Nothing!"

I look at him and respond by saying, "I don't know. I don't think that I am from this place." The wizard looks at me with complete confusion before saying, "We are in Gargerdin."

I nod my head in confusion, "Well then I am definitely not from here and have never heard of this place! Maybe it is just the spells that don't work. I don't have magic in the world that I am from."

"How dare you say that it is the spells that are not working! My spells have nothing wrong with them!"

"Don't get mad I was just throwing it out there. Your supposed to be a great evil wizard and nothing is happening. I will say it has been pretty entertaining and all especially because the purple cloud wouldn't even be real in my world. I should probably go soon though. I want food at some point today."

The wizard just stares at me in complete wonder and confusion. He can't figure me out and it is making him very frustrated. "Okay, fine," he states, "the purple cloud wouldn't be real. Explain that part."

I look at the wizard. "Well in my world the purple cloud would be done by editing with technology. It is not something that could just happen in the real world."

The wizard nods. "I have a lot of questions with that statement but first what is food?"

I stare at the wizard appalled, "How in the world do you not know what food is? What do you eat?!"

The wizard goes on to explain to me how with magic they don't have to eat they can just cast a spell that makes them full. I kind of zoned out on a lot of the explanation. I look at the wizard and state "Well I will have to bring food the next time I come back. You won't want to cast spells to be full anymore. I am afraid it is getting late. I will try to come back soon. You should probably figure out a way to be notified when I come back.

The wizard nods his understanding and says "Fine I will spell the well but only because I will make you pay for the disrespect. Until then no one can find out, I have a reputation to uphold."

I nod my acceptance and hop into the well. I see a flash of light, feel like I am falling for a bit and then another flash of light. I am home! I need food, a shower, and sleep in that order. I think as I take off to the house. 

A/N:

The prompt is from the app Impromptu. Please vote, comment, follow, and enjoy.

Thanks!

Marie