I Am What???? (Edited)

It all began in sixth hour swimming, and thankfully it was the last day of school before spring break. I had been in the class for ten minutes already, and we were just waiting for the go ahead to get into the pool. Everyone had to change and then we had to take roll. Finally, we started taking roll after the boys came out of their locker room. They were probably messing around in there because they always seem to do that.

Today was a free day in class so the boys are probably going to be even more wild. We couldn't really start a new stroke or anything when we would just go to break and forget everything. Not that it really mattered for me anyway, I have been swimming since I was six months old. I know that is kind of young and everything but the younger you are in the water the less it scares you as you get older and start to learn how to swim.

I started swim lessons when I was one because I was in a baby and parent class. Then I went through a ten-station swim program. After I passed the last station I went onto the competitive swim team. I really only took this class because I didn't want to take gym and this was an easy substitute. Plus, I love swimming so it worked out okay no matter what.

Our teacher finally finished doing roll, and she sets her stuff back into the blue cloth bag that she always brings with her to class. She stands up to her full height of five-foot-three. She swishes her blond ponytail back behind her shoulders where it should be. She then stares at us and adjusts her purple tank top, that is matched with black knee length shorts. She sighs then gives us the okay to get into the pool. The class briskly walks to the pool before most of the class jumps in creating a huge wave that drowns anyone that has popped back up out of the water.

I wait until the water calms down then I walk over to the deep end and slide into the water. My skin immediately starts to burn and itch all over my legs. I look down trying to see what is going on with my legs. I rub my legs like crazy trying to get the burning to calm down and trying to satisfy the itch. The more I rub my legs the worse it gets. I decide I need to get out and see if I can put some lotion or something on my legs to calm them down.

I look around for the nearest ladder when I notice that I have drifted about half way out in the deep trying to figure out what was going on with my legs. I quickly swim freestyle with my head out of the water over to the ladder and climb out. I look down at my legs, and I notice that they are all red and irritated. I walk over to my teacher and show her what is going on with my legs. She looks at them and asks me, "Are you allergic to chlorine Sereia."

I look at her appalled that she would even think that. She knows how good of a swimmer I am, I have only been in her swim classes for almost two years now. I answer her, "Not that I know of and I would think that I would know if I am by this point in time."

"OK Sereia, let's get you to the nurse's office just in case you are having an allergic reaction to something. Go ahead and change, then you can walk to the nurse's office." I nod my understanding and start to walk off to the locker-room.

I get to the entrance of the locker room as my teacher calls out, "Remember to come get the pass for the nurse's office before you leave."

I walk into the locker room and quickly change. I grab my bags, then I walk over to my teacher so that I can grab my note. I start heading down to the nurse's office that conveniently is just to the left of the pool. On the down side I have to walk around the pool to get to the nurse's office.

My high school is a fairly small high school, but one of the biggest in my town. It is only one floor and the biggest class is probably around 350 students. We have a lot of space though, so we have a lot of equipment for the arts, and sports programs. I turn out of the pool and walk through the empty cafeteria before I make my way to the breeze way. It has brick columns on each side of it, with a ceiling covering the open walkway.