Cheese Man (Edited)

"Honey can you get the door? I need to get the food out of the oven."

"Sure Mom." I respond as I slip on my flip flops and walk towards the front door.

I open the front door to find some guy that looks somewhat familiar and he asks, "Is your dad home?" I invite him in then go down stairs to try and find my dad. I find him in the living room watching a movie. I wait for him to notice me and then I inform him that someone is here to see him.

I then walk back upstairs to find my mom and him talking. My dad comes up and they embrace in the weird man hug thing that they always seem to do. They then start talking and I know it will be quite a while before they are done. Mom returns to the kitchen to finish dinner and I follow her.

Dinner is done and we are waiting for dad to stop talking. All of the sudden dad leaves the house and then walks to a trailer. Mom eventually follows them out and then they chat for a while. Eventually dad walks in the house with two cardboard boxes and puts them on the counter.

He then goes back outside and we follow out of curiosity. The guy that showed up at our door had a truck and trailer. In the trailer is boxes upon boxes exactly like the ones that dad just brought into the house. The trailer is full of these boxes.

"What is in the boxes?" I ask as the guy rearranges the boxes.

My dad looks at me and responds with "Cheese, many different types of cheese."

The random guy that came to our door with the boxes of cheese says, "A Little Caesar's truck flipped over on the interstate so they let people take home boxes of cheese. Now the sheriff's department just needs to get rid of the boxes before they go bad. So, I am giving away as many as I can."

"They just let you take to boxes? Doesn't Little Caesar's get the cheese because it was their product in the first place?"

I say completely confused about why he just is giving boxes away.

"The company decided to mark the truck as a total loss, so now we just need to do something with the cheese. We also had to get the scene cleaned up so we could get traffic flowing again. So, the officers that were on scene took boxes of cheese to try and get rid of or keep."

I nod as I watch him open the back of his truck and there was even more boxes. He asked my dad, "Are you sure you don't want more boxes?" Both mom and dad shake their head no, denying any more boxes of cheese. Then mom says, "Actually we will take two more of the mozzarella. We can't ever seem to have enough."

Eventually the guy leaves with his boxes of cheese in his trailer and truck. We open the boxes of cheese and find three plastic bags stacked in the box of the same type of cheese. We got one box of Parmesan and three boxes of Mozzarella cheese. We poor the bags into gallon size Ziploc bags and freeze them. We laugh and joke about that being the weirdest thing that anyone has ever answered the door to. It has been four months of cheese themes dishes and we still have a lot of Ziploc bags filled with cheese. 

A/N:

Sorry kind of a shorter one but here it is anyway. Unedited. Please, comment, vote, follow and enjoy. Thanks!

Marie