"But at least he enjoys himself, sir." Alfred pointed out.

"Very true." Bruce assented, moving towards the key rack that hung on the wall next to the door that lead to the garage.

"Going somewhere, sir?" Alfred inquired.

"I'll be quick." Bruce promised, taking the keys for the Rolls Royce in hand. "No need to interrupt your work, Alfred. I just need to pick up a last minute gift."

*************

Early the next morning, Jason found himself sitting at the breakfast table, just off of the kitchen, with a cup of apple cider in his hands. Through the large windows, Jason could see that the sky was still dark, but hints of the coming sun could be seen on the horizon.

He had to admit that it felt nice to have this. Peace. Quiet. Happiness. Thoughts of how things used to be between Jason and his family almost made him visibly cringe. Things had been bad. Considering how Jason had tried to kill more than one of his siblings, along with Bruce, he was surprised he had ever been welcomed back in the first place. And now, here he was. Home.

Before his thoughts could continue, Jason heard a familiar pair of footsteps enter the kitchen and looked over his shoulder at the newcomer.

"Ah, Master Jason." Alfred greeted the younger man with a fond smile as he straightened out a nonexistent wrinkle in his vest. "Up early, I see."

Jason couldn't help but feel a bit shabby in his sweatpants, red pull-over hoodie and fuzzy black socks. If there was anything Jason hated about the manor, it was his tendency to get cold feet on the expansive marble floors.

"Couldn't help myself, I guess." Jason replied with a content sigh. "The kettle just boiled. You want anything? Tea? Coffee?"

"Not quite yet, sir. Thank you, though." Alfred said, moving towards the refrigerator. "However, I could use an extra pair of hands with getting everything in the oven before chaos breaks loose."

Jason grinned and got to his feet, "Looks like I'm your man."

Working together like a well-oiled machine, Jason and Alfred had everything prepared and in the oven before the hour was up. Jason mouth was already watering at the thought of the turkey dinner.

Looking up from where he was chopping carrots for Alfred's famous glazed carrots, Jason caught sight of Cassandra's tiny form in the doorway. She offered him a small smile, which he quickly returned.

"Good morning, Miss Cassandra." Alfred greeted from the other side of the counter, where he was slicing apples for pies.

Cassandra smiled at Alfred as well, stealing a single, cinnamon-sugar-coated apple slice from the bowl in front of him before gliding to Jason's side.

"Should wake the others." Cassandra said solemnly, poking Jason's ribs none too gently.

"Hey!" Jason exclaimed, shifting away from Cassandra with a grin. "Be nice, alright? I'm a little busy here."

Cassandra shoved Jason to the side, taking the knife out of his hand, "I'll do it. Go."

Jason looked at his sister indignantly as Alfred chuckled quietly.

"Alright, fine." Jason assented at last.

However, before Jason could make his way out of the kitchen, Stephanie appeared. She had stayed the night, as her mom had to work a double shift, but she would spend Christmas day with her. Stephanie's blonde hair was tied back in a messy bun, but several loose strands hung near her face. Also, seeing her in purple silk pajamas nearly made Jason laugh aloud.