15] Never Again

Book 2} Chapter 15
Never Again
もう二度と

"Y/n! Let's wake up Norman!" Damdin said with a smile as he jumped on me.

I chuckled, "Alright," I said, sitting up seeing as he just woke me up. Damdin and Sherry led me to Norman.

I looked at him with worry. He was sweating a lot.
I touched his head which was hot, "Norman," I called out.

"Kiss him so he'll wake up like a princess!" Damdin said. I chuckled, "Norman's not a princess, Danny," I told him. 

Damdin groaned but then jumped on Norman.
"Norman, it's morning!" He exclaimed. Norman's eyes open instantly.

He saw me first, since I was knelt down and looking at his face.
He let out a sigh of relief, "Good morning," he said with a smile.

He sat up, "Norman, are you okay?" I asked with worry, wiping away his sweat with the cloth I had in hand.

"I'm fine," he said, still smiling. I wish he didn't lie like that...

Time Skip

I felt nervous as I looked at Emma. How would she react to Ray being the traitor?

"So? How did the plan with the game rope go?" Emma asked as we were let out.
"Who was the source of information…?" She asked along with it.

I tensed up, "Y-Yeah, what'd you find out?" I asked softly.
"Oh that. It's me," Ray admitted.

My eyes widened, I didn't think he'd admit it to Emma!

"I'm the one leaking information to Mom," Ray told her.
"It was you?!" Emma exclaimed.

She put her hands on her head.
"Sorry about that reaction, but I still don't understand," she said woozy.
"Yeah! Let me explain!" Norman cut in.

"So you betrayed us, but you're not the enemy. You were acting as Mom's subordinate all this time for our sake?" Emma asked after Ray and Norman explained everything.

"Yeah." Norman said.
"The truth is… I was gonna tell you guys as soon as you came back from the gate. But you left Little Bunny behind, and started saying you wanted to take everyone along. All of this was unexpected," he said.

I felt a weight drop on me. I was the one who left Little Bunny… heh… 

"Mom found out, so I had to manage the situation. And you guys were being reckless. That's why I figured I should keep quiet and bring this under control-ish," Ray added.

{ Ish? }

"So you were covering up our mistake… and were so against taking everyone that you had to maneuver behind our backs," I said looking down. I then looked back up at Ray.

I had to act calm, as if I didn't know the truth.
That was hard...
I'm just surprised at how well Emma is keeping her anger inside...

"But don't worry, it's different now. Norman figured out I was the traitor and convinced me. This time I'll definitely help you escape with everyone," Ray replied. A shiver ran down my spine, from what I heard last night that was a lie.

"But that's not like you, Ray. If you don't willingly change your mind, you'll never change your mind," I said, trying to get the truth out of him.

"So you think he's lying?" Norman asked. I looked at Ray, then hesitated on my actual choice of words.
"No, I'm h-happy," I muttered.

"Yeah! Ray's going to help all of us escape. And now we have information to trick Mom from the inside. It's great!" Emma added.

I looked down nervously but I didn't say anything.

"But I see… you knew everything for a long time. It must have been tough. Knowing and sending them off. So many of them," she paused.
"Hey, can I ask one thing? The experiments on the tracking devices. Does that mean you experimented on the ear of one of our siblings?" She asked.

I turned to Ray, I didn't even think of that. Did he?

"What happened to that kid… or kids? You didn't cause them to be shipped out early, right? You didn't sacrifice someone for our sake, did you?" Emma asked seriously.

Ray turned back.
"Actually, never mind. It's okay, thanks. Because of it we can now all run away. But…" she grabbed his hand and looked him dead in the eye.

"Never sacrifice one of us like that ever again," she told him.

"You're not alone. You're not alone anymore, so–"
"I swear I'll never do it again," Ray said with a slight smile.

"Let's all escape from here, together," I said after that with a smile.

Emma smiled and then separated herself from us. I followed but went in another direction.

"Y/n!" Phil exclaimed as he hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back. "Hi, Phil," I said with a smile.

"I missed you," he said. Awww my heart! "I've missed you more!" I said, booping his nose.

"Y/n!" Emma called me over.
I gave Phil a frown. "Sorry, Phil, I have to go," I told him.

He frowned but nodded and let me go to Emma.
"I have to tell you guys something as soon as we get back to the house!" She told us.
"But first we have to train!" She added, grabbing our hands.

I sweat dropped but got to my team. We then started the training.

Time Skip

"So what did you want to tell us, Em?" I asked her as we were getting back to the house.

Gilda came beside me with a smile on her face.
"In order to figure out the enemy's strategy, we need to know our enemy. With that in mind, Gilda and I decided to observe Mom once again. Mom disappears every night before 8 o'clock every night," Emma told us.

"Disappears?" Norman and I asked in unison.
"Yeah. She is nowhere to be found in the house. Basically the point is, the house has a secret room we don't know about," Gilda said.

{ A secret room, huh? }

Tuesday, October 31.
8 Days Before the Escape-Plan Launch

11/6/19
Word Count: 1013