Chapter Twenty-Four - Moving Foward.

"The police called me, Aaron wants to talk?" Josh murmured walking back in to the living room. He looked over at me. "What do I do?"

It was strange having a middle aged father of two look at me with those questions. But I understood his hesitance all the same.

"Give him a chance." I whispered. "What he did was wrong, we all know that. But I really feel like he just doesn't know any other life. Arnold really screwed him up, but he didn't have the support you did."

Josh nodded and sat down next to his wife Amelia. "I think it's time to forgive and forget. Look at us all now. Look at what we've achieved between us. 23 years ago I didn't think I could live a life this fulfilling. You're right. Aaron deserved that chance too."

"We'll all be here." My father exclaimed.

Xavier and I split from everyone as the talk changed to a nostalgic reminiscing of our parents early days. We walked down stairs to the studio and sat on the leather couch.

"So, I heard about your opening band being booted off the tour" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but that doesn't matter. I've leaving the band. I'm not going anywhere without you" He said, squeezing my hand. His voice was serious, which pained me, but it didn't matter....

"Xav." I replied, squeezing back. "I'd never ask you to quit your job. It's actually kind of funny... but uh, I was on my way back to my house when Aaron showed up. I was going home to pack."

"Pack?" Xavier questioned.

"DJ kind of asked me to be the new opener."

Xavier jumped up and screeched like a high school girl who'd just been asked out by her crush. He didn't care that was how he sounded either, he just yanked me on to my feet and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Your coming on tour with us?" He repeated.

"Yes." I smiled

Xavier kissed me before I could do anything else, it was passionate and desperate, His hands gravitated my my thighs, and he sat back down on the sofa, bringing me with him straddling his legs as he sat back down.

"I need to take you home." He murmured.

"Yeah, I need to pack." I smiled.

"Yes, you need to back, But I acutally need to take you home so I can make love to you. I've ached for you so much. I thought I had it bad in high school. That doesn't even compare to the depth of how I feel now and right now, I just need to be with you." He spoke sincerely, he smiled but there was no laughter behind it, just love.

Normally I would have giggled, his words straight to the point and sexual, but this time was different, this time I needed the same thing.

"I have a better Idea."

I grabbed Xavier by the hand pulled back up the basement stairs, then up the inside stairs to my bedroom. Xaviers eyes widened as we walked inside.

"Your room hasn't changed since high school"

"You saw my room?"

"11th grade remember, the video, the apology that didn't happen, the Cheetos."

I smiled and walked over to my drawers. The photo of us on our 8th birthday was still face down. I lifted it up and let out a laugh. Xavier wrapped his arms around my waist and rest his head on my shoulder.

"Hey, I remember that!" He laughed. "I think that was the last time I made you smile."

I frowned and kissed the picture of us at 8. We were innocent then, and maybe if we'd both been true to our feelings then life would be differently, but everything we'd done, and everything we'd been through was what brought us to this point. The point where our lives were beginning to make sense. I wouldn't have had it any other way.