Chapter Eighteen - Too Soon

It's amazing quickly you can lose everything you didn't know you always wanted.

DJ called and arranged a meeting three days after I found out I was pregnant. They wanted to sign me on the spot like he'd said they would. Except I couldn't go on tour.

They wanted to record straight away. Certain my success was a given, they didn't want to lose any time.

Being made to stay, and being pregnant meant that my dream really was becoming further from my reach. I asked for time. I had to think it over. DJ had mentioned something again about me being like my mother. His comparison was surprising, after all... to me my mom was a risk taker.

Xavier and lived in each others pockets for two weeks. He barely went back to the hotel that the rest of the band was living in. We spent nights cuddled on the sofa talking about the future, day dreaming about the things we would do.

"Have you thought about the contract anymore?" Xavier whispered staring up at the thick white slab of paperwork on the shelf by my TV.

"Yes." I admitted.

"And?"

"I don't think I am going to sign it" I shrugged, trying not to show my disappointment.

"Scarlett" Xavier groaned. He sat up and ran his hands through his hair.

"We're having a baby" I replied. "One of us needs to be home with him or her"

Xavier sighed, then sat back. He rest his head against the couch then turned to face me.

"You won't hate me?"

"Of course not" I laughed, while it hurt me to think about how much I was going to miss out on, everything we were going to gain would balance it out.

"When are we going to tell everyone?"

"After 12 weeks" I whispered

"Even our parents?"

"Yes"

"I'll be on tour"

"Well then, you'll have to fly home on your free day" I giggled.

Xavier laughed and then pulled me in for a hug. I rest my head on his chest and closed my eyes. When we were like this nothing mattered. I hated that soon I wouldn't be able to reach for him. "You don't think we're moving fast."

"Yes. I do think we're moving fast." I laughed "But then I guess I'm my parents daughter. Besides we've known each other our whole lives. I think we probably know one another better than anyone else knows us."

"I love you."

"I love you t..." an intense period pain like cramp rolled through my stomach. It was enough to stop me mid sentence. I breathed through it and once it went away I looked up at Xavier, his eyes were narrow and his lips a thin taut line.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a cramp" I whispered, a little breathless.

A familiar wave of nausea followed which set my mind at ease. My morning sickness had been incessant for the past week, I'd felt it all day from the minute I woke, to the minute I fell asleep.

"I might go take a shower" I whispered standing up.

"I'll make you a cup of tea then?" Xavier said standing up beside me, He placed his hand on my lower back.

"Aren't you supposed to be a rock star?" I teased. "Not Mr. Dad?"

"I am. I'm just one of a kind." He laughed then kissed me gently on the cheek.