Chapter Twenty-Two - For Her.

Xavier POV

"Come on guys get it together, we've got a plane to catch in like four hours!" Jay exclaimed as he placed his already packed suitcase by the door.

I watched as he scurried about, readying himself to leave. Doc and Cris both made movements, albeit slowly lethargic ones. Doc was hungover, and Cris was sad that our plan to bring Jace on tour had failed miserably.

I felt personally responsible. Nick and Sarah weren't the kind of people who held back on an opportunity if their kids really wanted it. Them saying no related directly to me.

"Dude, don't sweat it. I can see you looking all guilty at me. It's not your fault." Cris said with a smile, like he had the ability to read my mind.

"If I wasn't in the band, he'd be here." I muttered as I finally got to my feet.

Cris shook his head as I walked down to the bedroom.

I hadn't packed much. Just clothes and a couple of books. Aside from having dinner with my parents and sisters, I had just stayed inside the hotel. Running in to Scarlett was a very real possibility and I couldn't say that I wouldn't have purposely made it happen had I left the hotel.

I put my books in the suitcase, something fell out of one as I did so. I bent down to pick it up and my heart flip flopped. I'd avoided the picture I'd taken that day I left her. I'd shoved it away in a book the minute I remembered I'd grabbed it. I wished I hadn't taken it, because knowing I had it was torture, and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Every now and again it would make itself known. I picked it up and tried to ignore the pinching of my heart. I tried to put it away again, I tried to let go of it. But I couldn't.

Complete clarity washed over me. None of this was worth anything without her. She'd made me feel like I was worth something when I didn't think I was.

I stood up and walked out of the room.

Jay looked at me

"You're smiling." He said, he looked and sounded confused. "You feeling alright man?"

"I can't go."

"Uh... what?!" Jay replied.

"We don't need to be there until tomorrow. I'll catch a flight in the morning. I need to tell her how I feel."

I walked to the hotel room door and placed my fingers around the handle.

"Wait... what?"

"I've been a dunce. I've let myself believe I was doing the right thing.... The only time my life has every felt completely right was when we were together. I can't leave without telling her I love her. She may never forgive me, but I have to try."

I took a deep breath, my heart thumped with excitement and nerves.

"Did he just say what I think he said?" Cris piped up poking his head out of the other hotel bedroom.

"Yep." Jay picked up the rental car keys and both Doc and Cris came walking out. "Lets go boys."

"What are you guys doing."

"We're a band Xavier, but we're friends first. We'll all leave in the morning."

"You're going to come with me?"

"One for all, and all for one and all that." Cris grinned. "Besides, I could do with the opportunity to see Jace again before we leave."

"At least if its a bust, I'll have you guys to stop me from burying myself in a bottle of jack." I smiled as I turned the door handle.